This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8618 by GatorBaiter
26 Oct 2005, 23:40
Hi there gurus!

Just trying to book a trip to Boston for February (11th-15th ish - stuck with school holidays [n]) but on the Flying Club website the only ones coming up are outbound 13th Feb and inbound 20th Feb. Do you think this means no availability full stop, or just for online fares? i.e. would there be flights available if I called them instead?

I tried V-Tool but it was bringing nothing up for various dates around that time in classes Y and W etc. Does this mean there is none or is my V-Tool shafted? [?]

Blonde Bim

PS What is is about just coming back from the good ole USA that makes you immediately want to book another trip?!
#82277 by Nottingham Nick
26 Oct 2005, 23:45
I have just had a go on the VS website - out to BOS on 11th Feb and back on 15th and it is coming back at £312.00 + Tax (£438) in Y and miles earned both ways.

Nick
#82278 by preiffer
26 Oct 2005, 23:46
It all comes from the same system - what you see online is what the booking staff see (give or take a few things).

If the web says no, they'll say no - sorry.
#82282 by GatorBaiter
27 Oct 2005, 00:22
Cheers guys, think I was probably looking at miles plus money then as I've just done an availablity check on full fares and they're as Nick says [:I].

Thanks again!

Jacq
#82296 by RichardMannion
27 Oct 2005, 10:12
Also you need to make sure you have the 'I must travel on these dates' option selected, and not the 'my dates are flexible' option.

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic