This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#82527 by mitchja
29 Oct 2005, 13:42
Interesting :)

So what will that be then - New New New Club World [?] I'm starting to lose track!!!

adding that BA will introduce a new Club World seat next year that's "radically different from the current model."

Hmmmm does that been seats not facing backwards then [:?]

Regards
#82569 by VS-EWR
29 Oct 2005, 22:11
How much do you want to bet, that BA will position the beds like UCS. I just have this feeling.

I love how SRB says investing in amenity goods is important, but yet at the same time is phasing out, what I think are, the most important items found in the kits.

Nevertheless, competition is good for us travellers.
#82581 by Scrooge
29 Oct 2005, 23:47
Originally posted by mitchja
Interesting :)

So what will that be then - New New New Club World [?] I'm starting to lose track!!!

adding that BA will introduce a new Club World seat next year that's "radically different from the current model."

Hmmmm does that been seats not facing backwards then [:?]

Regards

I kind of like the backward facing seat [y],it will be interesting to see what BA comes up with,as has been said before,competion is good for the pax.
#82584 by The_Banking_Scot
30 Oct 2005, 00:08
Hi,

Discussion on flyertalk has suggested that the basic style of seats will not change but that AVOD is a possibility.
However this post would appear to suggest a much more radical plan ( PJ's in NCW?)

Regards

TBS
#82590 by fozzyo
30 Oct 2005, 00:33
""BA offers a 'Sleep Well Guarantee' promising that fliers who don'
#82629 by VS045
30 Oct 2005, 15:02
I'm sure that whatever BA come up with it will be at most level with UCS as they will not want to undemrine their F product. Creating seats that are close to first class but more comparable to biz in price would be big shot in the foot for them and I doubt they'd want to do that.

Cheers,
VS045
#82634 by AlanA
30 Oct 2005, 16:59
Originally posted by VS045
I'm sure that whatever BA come up with it will be at most level with UCS as they will not want to undemrine their F product. Creating seats that are close to first class but more comparable to biz in price would be big shot in the foot for them and I doubt they'd want to do that.

Cheers,
VS045

IF they carry on with a first class cabin on most of their routes that is. I still forsee BA getting rid of the First class cabin an many more routes.
#82662 by VS045
30 Oct 2005, 21:01
I suppose they could have an enhanced CW product for routes that don't warrant F, although I expect that would create a nightmare for ops.
The end of F would definitely show a change in the times - namely Willie Walsh;)

Cheers,
VS045
#82672 by Scrooge
30 Oct 2005, 22:29
I suppose they could have an enhanced CW product for routes that don't warrant F, although I expect that would create a nightmare for ops.
The end of F would definitely show a change in the times - namely Willie Walsh;)

Cheers,
VS045

You could see F go away on some routes,Houston for example,but to say LA,JFK,Washington they would keep the J
#82695 by VS-EWR
31 Oct 2005, 02:16

Cheers,
VS045

I thought BA does have some 777s without First, or maybe that's without CW. I am positive that some 777s have only 3 classes because I remember a post on A.net about that maybe a year ago.
#82767 by mitchja
31 Oct 2005, 20:01
Originally posted by VS-EWR

Cheers,
VS045

I thought BA does have some 777s without First, or maybe that's without CW. I am positive that some 777s have only 3 classes because I remember a post on A.net about that maybe a year ago.

I do remember reading somewhere that BA looked at taking out First class seating and replacing with CW seating on some A/C - the only problem being, on their B744's, they would only be able to fit about 4 CW seats in the nose section wasting a large amount of space.

Regards
#82779 by Scrooge
31 Oct 2005, 22:44
Could it possible that BA will replace the NCW seats with something close to what EOS is offering,it would be a lot more competitive with the UCS than the NCW seat is now.
#82783 by VS-EWR
31 Oct 2005, 23:23
Originally posted by jetwet1
Could it possible that BA will replace the NCW seats with something close to what EOS is offering,it would be a lot more competitive with the UCS than the NCW seat is now.

That would a great idea, better seat config and design than their current one, that's for sure!
Virgin Atlantic