This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8666 by sue Barter
30 Oct 2005, 13:27
Hi there one and all,

I am due to fly UC to Boston on the 17th Dec. I have looked on the seat map on the virgin website to see where we will be sitting. But does anyone know who I'll be flying on...
for example V-ROC, V-HOT of v-BIG?
Have looked on the flight schedule for the past three months and these don't seem to be flying to BOS in the past 3 months. Just cusrious as I was really hoping to have one of the new suites like on V-WOW

Cheers all,
gonna get my membership so I can have a proper countdown thingy.....

Sue x

TO BOSTON- 48 Days!!!
#82626 by Nottingham Nick
30 Oct 2005, 14:26
Sue

Since Sept 11th, VS have been very reluctant to release details of the actual plane that will be used on a particular route on a specified day because of security concerns.

We used to get inside information from staffers, but for reasons I won't go into, this is no longer available as a general rule.

From the seat plan, you can work out what type of plane will be on the route and narrow the options down, but please remember that nothing is guaranteed. Operational changes are made right up to the last minute. If a plane goes tech, or the weather intervenes, you may not get the aircraft that was supposed to do the run.

Sorry this doesn't help much [:I]

Nick
#82659 by sue Barter
30 Oct 2005, 20:07
Thanks Nick,
really helpful. I know what you mean about the protocol since 9/11. Things just aren't the same. I was lucky enough to have my one and only look into a Cockpit in the Summer prior to 9/11 and there won't be any other opportunities for this to happen in the future.

The seat map show that we are on a 747 with our UC seats upstairs on the way out and downstairs 1A and 1K coming back. So hopefully no major issue will stop us from having hopefully V-ROC or V-WOW?? Who knows

Thanks again Nick

Sue[y]
#82666 by Richard28
30 Oct 2005, 22:04
Sue, I'm a little confused why you are so keen on getting G-VROC, or G-VWOW - remember that 100% of VS 747's have Upper Class Suite installed, so you will get it!

All the LHR 747 fleet is the same, except for G-VXLG, which does not have the V:Port IFE (has Odyssey IFE instead)

Finally, please note that seats 1A and 1K are actually located upstairs, and not downstairs!!

Hope this helps :)

Rich.
#82762 by sue Barter
31 Oct 2005, 18:24
Thanks Rich

Once i'd posted it i'd realised. We are in 6A and K coming back and 1 A and K going out. Confused myself.
No particular reason about which Flight I am on just was curious to know if the plane I will be going on is an up to date UC suite and that V:port is in use!

Thanks for your help on this matter and I'll make sure next time to check my seat arrangements!

Sue
[:I]
Virgin Atlantic