This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8848 by p17blo
11 Nov 2005, 22:06
Less than a week before I travel, been booked on 343 UCS since just after I booked the seats and today they swap it for a 343 J2000. A bit of a bummer, but that's not the main problem. The VS computer just seems to choose the most inconvenient place to put members of a travelling party and have spilt me and mrs b to complete opposite sides of the aircraft. Whats more the flight is full and the call centre won't swap the seats since it is against DP laws. Hang on a minute, until today there where no C, D, J seats on the seat map until today so the people in these seats obviously didn't pre-assign them.
Ohh I just get so mad [:(!] at VS sometime, I'm sure someone programmed the computer to do this deliberately. Most won't even know about it until they check in.

Paul
#83828 by slinky09
11 Nov 2005, 23:11
Paul

The same happened to me recently, UCS to J200, convenient and desired seats pre booked then changed to completely ridiculous seats and so on.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any clue on how to deal with this. For me the time I noticed was during OLCI and then I had to phone Virgin in the US to be told 'sorry we can't change your seats cos it's 24 hrs before check in and you'll have to do it at the airport' ... needless to say, got to the airport and the desk people were new and unhelpful. I too got [:(!] and [:w].

Rant over!

Slinks
#83831 by honey lamb
11 Nov 2005, 23:40
Happened me too but with enough time to change the seat bookings. We had taken 1 & 2K and they were going to leave it like that!!
#83834 by Scrooge
12 Nov 2005, 00:08
Did you book on a "z" ticket?

If not give them the choice,get us toegether or cancel the reservation,I don't know how VS can think,that 2 people that booked seats toegether with the same last name would suddenly want to be seated on the otherside of the plane[V]

You are a goldcard holder,point out that you fly UC and while the switch to J2k is annoying,moving the wife is even more,so while you are a goldcard holder,you DO have the choice to not stay one.
#83940 by patrickj77
13 Nov 2005, 08:01
Same thing happened to me and because it was less then 24 hours and I was trying to change my seats online I could not do it or so I thoughtÉÉÉÉÉÉÉThen when I was checking in on-line I could do it from a sub menu from the check in menuÉÉ Guess what I changed my seat!!! :D

Still was not the UCS though.

Patrick
#84078 by rweintra
14 Nov 2005, 03:01
Has anyone here gotten switched back to a 343 UCS when they got to the airport or were they J2000 just as listed the few days before?
#84091 by SteveE
14 Nov 2005, 11:45
Just to add that both the BOM flights I had booked were showing UCS suites (apparently planned for all November flights), but swapped to J2000 for both flights now (yesterday on the VS350 and Sat 19th on VS351).
#84251 by andrew.m.wright
15 Nov 2005, 02:55
The Lottery Seat Computer seems busy this week !

Just done OLCI in Orlando for tomorrows return flight to find my reservation in Row 63A has been moved to 55H [:#]

That's my extra leg room at the back of the aircraft gone [:$]

What's more no chance of changing it as no other EC seats come up on the Seat Map [^]
#84633 by p17blo
17 Nov 2005, 00:40
Just tried to do my OLCI for tomorrow and guess what, I can't check in. Virgin are definately loosing brownie points for this.

Paul
#84660 by patrickj77
17 Nov 2005, 06:00
They've done it again on my flight back from BOM. I am not happy [V]. On the upside I when I get back I will become a silver FF...... Just think of the benefits................ Oh what benefits [n] for silver FF.

Well next stop GOLD a trip to Sydney should do it!!

:)

Patrick
Virgin Atlantic