This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9298 by Vegascrazy
05 Dec 2005, 23:21
I'd be interested to know how many others have encountered one of their flights disappearing from the Update Booking area on the VA website? This has now happened three times to me, firstly last year when our LAS-LGW return sector disappeared. I called FC who explained that when there is a schedule change, even by a few minutes, that particular flight is not visible online until VA has contacted the customer to explain the schedule change. On that occasion she said that, as I had phoned and was now aware, the flight would reappear, and sure enough it did.

The second occasion was a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that our return flight from BOS-LHR next year had disappeared although the oubound LHR-LAX is still there. Again I called FC and again they said the same thing about a slight schedule change(the flight was pushed back by 30 mins departing BOS at 20:10) and again it reappeared straight after the phone call! This evening the flight has disappeared again. I think I'll wait this time as I'm intrigued to see if they contact me to explain a further schedule change! Odd thing is though that looking at the published schedules it is still timetabled for a 20:10 departure!
#86880 by locutus
06 Dec 2005, 00:07
When my return leg vanished I phoned and asked, and the time had been changed. I did wonder why Virgin didn't just send out an email automatically though, they send through the E-ticket quick enough so they have my details.

Maybe they leave it as late as possible in case there's another change, and the majority of people don't keep checking to see if better seats come up?
#86903 by roadrunner
06 Dec 2005, 02:18
I was puzzled by this--and then discovered that my FC # had been mysteriously changed. FC advised go to booking (by plugging in code) and update number--instant success.

RR
#86907 by ChuckC
06 Dec 2005, 03:57
Hi James,
Yes, that would be an unsettling experience! Actually the issue's been recently discussed and sorted here.

Topic locked to avoid duplication.

Regards,
Chuck-