This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9326 by jamiec
08 Dec 2005, 00:27
I am a first timer on this forum and I appologies if a similar question has been asked before.

I have made a number of trips with virgin A but I have only just discovered the wonder of managing my flight online!

I have chosen my seats / meals etc.. which was a easy!

My questions are this though.
1) If i check in online will my pre-chosen seats be allocated to me? (Other than being changed for operation procedures of course)

2) I may be limited on time when I arrive at the airport (Heathrow) so, in your opinion, would it be better to check in online or go directly to check in at the airport??

Thanks from a first timer on this forum!!
#87161 by preiffer
08 Dec 2005, 00:36
Hi Jamie, and welcome [y]

1) Yes - you select your exact seat. Unless a pretty major reason causes a desperate need for your seat to be changed, you're virtually guaranteed to be sitting there.

2) It's always SAFER to check in online (at least they know you're coming then), but bear in mind that the check-in minimums still apply for checking baggage through, so you will still need to appear there before check in closes.

Enjoy the forums... :)
#87164 by Richard28
08 Dec 2005, 00:40
1) I've never used on-line check in - but understand that you can change your seat if you want to (it should default to your specified seat). Perhaps another v-flyer can confirm

2) It all depends, if you are travelling in Y Class and are not an Au or Ag then yes it would save a lot of time. If you can use PE/UC check in then I doubt it saves much time - but would at least confirm you on the flight - especially handy if the flight is overbooked.

3) Welcome to V-Flyer!
#87168 by jamiec
08 Dec 2005, 00:47
Thanks for the quick reply's guys, just what I needed.
Its nice to receive a warm welcome.

p.s. I think I will check in online.