This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9356 by p17blo
10 Dec 2005, 22:45
I have a dilemma, and rather than explain the full ins and outs I think you can help with your opinions on the following.

Everything else being equal, if your journey time was the same to either Airport, by choice which one would you fly from to MCO. LGW or MAN?

Paul
#87371 by Nottingham Nick
10 Dec 2005, 22:48
If I was gold like you, and had CH access, it would be LGW.
If not... tough call.
#87390 by Gavin
11 Dec 2005, 02:20
I have never arrived into Manchester but I must say the Baggage handleing in gatwick is rather rubbish!... Though it had improved slightly with the new arrivals hall. I have before now waited over an hour for my economy baggage to arrive because of problesm with the belt. This of couse is not Virgins fault but BAA but hopefully things will improve with the new hall
#87392 by ade99
11 Dec 2005, 03:28
I would go for LGW, CH access and a lot more support if things go wrong - whereas with just one a/c up in Man it may take longer to shift flights around etc..

Plus I'm sure MAN doesn't have twilight check-in.
#87401 by JO5H777
11 Dec 2005, 11:45
the arrivals hall at manchesters T2 isn't great however i've never had to wait for long periods of time for baggage. (used MAN alot!) they don't have all the extras you expect at manchester like a clubhouse and twilight check-in but the check-in staff are friendly enough and theres plenty of them. there is only one MCO flight per day at the moment but the timings are good! there are 2 more destinations being added to the manchester network - barbados (already running and using in april o6!!!) and st lucia which is expected to start in nov 06 (correct me if i'm wrong.) everyone flock to manchester the terminal is smallish and very easy to navigate, no long walks will be in order!
i'd pick manchester as i want the expansion drive for virgin at MAN to continue!
#87403 by Treelo
11 Dec 2005, 12:20
Simple answer Paul. If you want CH facilities, then LGW it is. If you want less hassle, fewer crowds, quicker baggage reclaim and an easier journey to motorway network, then the answer has to be MAN:)
#87426 by Danno
11 Dec 2005, 15:49
I have travel from both LGW and MAN to MCO. We have 2 kids, and I find the LGW club house with its cinema room and games section to be a god send! It keeps them nice and busy while waiting for the flight. Plus the wife loves getting a head massage etc.

So much so, that although I live in Leeds, we have deccided to travel from LGW next year... It does help that my mum lives in Windsor, so we can drive down the day b4, and stay over in Windsor.

So, my vote is... With Kids, LGW's club house wins. Without the kids, I would use MAN.

Originally posted by p17blo
I have a dilemma, and rather than explain the full ins and outs I think you can help with your opinions on the following.

Everything else being equal, if your journey time was the same to either Airport, by choice which one would you fly from to MCO. LGW or MAN?

Paul
Virgin Atlantic