For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1479 by HighFlyer
09 Jun 2004, 12:20
Anyone encountered issues with payments with their FCCC?

I paid my balance in full last month (end of) on the Virgin Card website and it wasnt credited. I called MBNA and they werent too helpful saying that they hadnt recieved the payment. My bank statement showed the payment being taken and today i finally had the payment shoeing on the account and my late fees deducted. The thing that annoyed me is that they temporarily stopped my account as it was overdue so i couldnt use my card - major bummer!

Has anyone else experienced issues like this?

I wonder if it was a one-off of whether they had technical difficulties?
#33288 by mitchja
09 Jun 2004, 12:47
Not had any problems with my FCCC but had a similar problem a while back with another card.

My problem was that I'd payed the card company using my banks online bill payment system but the reference number I had given the bank was incorrect (this reference number is your credit card account number). The payment did go to the card company but didn't go into my credit card account.

If your payment left your bank account on time, show MBNA a copy of your bank statement proving your payment left your bank account.

They should then credit you back your over due fees but you must make sure that MBNA has also removed your late payment flag as this will go onto your credit reference file.

Regards

Edit - Just had a thought about this. I've noticed that on this months FC card statement they have changed the account number at the top of the statement from a 10 digit number to my full card number, as mentioned above if this reference number is incorrect the payment will go to MBNA but it will not go into the correct account at MBNA's end. I've just amended my banks bill payment for my card just to make sure.
#33312 by djuluvmee
09 Jun 2004, 19:03
I have had the same problem, paid money to my account on line on 01/06/04, to date this payment has still not been received and I have been charged a late fee of £25.00.

Have been on the phone to Virgin today they said there was a problem at the begining of the month with on-line payments. They said the problem has been fixed and have reversed my late fee charge of £25.00
#33888 by JonBuck
17 Jun 2004, 20:07
I had a positive experience on this issue. I forgot to post the cheque, so had late charges and interest added. I wrote to MBNA and asked as a gesture of goodwill they might refund these and they did! Result! Now set up a direct debit to make sure I don't forget in future!
#33904 by jaguarpig
18 Jun 2004, 13:11
I under paid by a few quid my mistake[:o)] I got clobbered with a lot of interest it was fully refunded when I enquired about it.:D
Virgin Atlantic