For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1597 by AlanA
22 Jun 2004, 12:27
Three people I have talked to lately have applied for the Flying Club Credit card but on line have used the wrong site, i.e. they have the Virgin Credit card.
they all only realised when the first statement arrived and there were no miles.
Virgin REALLY need to identify the cards differently!
#34151 by Jonathan
22 Jun 2004, 13:26
I had that problem too except I applied for the right card..they just messed up the admin
still thats MBNA for you [}:)]
#34163 by mitchja
22 Jun 2004, 15:14
No I agree the link to the FC card application page is quite well hidden.

I only found the link from iFly. FYI The web page is:

http://uk.virginmoney.com/vaa-credit-card

If it doesn't ask you for your FC number when you apply online, then it's the wrong version of the card.

Regards
#34165 by TJ
22 Jun 2004, 16:20
Hi Alan,

Having the FC cards looking identicle to the normal Virgin cards doesn't help things.

Seperate branding has been suggested and is apparently going to become a reality sometime this year.

See thread:
http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=345
#34168 by jaguarpig
22 Jun 2004, 16:55
quote:If it doesn't ask you for your FC number when you apply online, then it's the wrong version of the card

I sorted out mothers FCCC but opted for a no fee one as her spend is small. On applying online for this about 3 months ago there was no space to put in her VSFC number but they did ring her and get the number as the account was being set up.
#34182 by Nottingham Nick
22 Jun 2004, 17:21
If I remember right - if you switch from the nonFC card to the FC card, you can transfer all of the Virgin points you have accrued to FC points.

You can only do this once though (or so I was told).

Nick
#34188 by mitchja
22 Jun 2004, 17:35
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
If I remember right - if you switch from the nonFC card to the FC card, you can transfer all of the Virgin points you have accrued to FC points.

You can only do this once though (or so I was told).

Nick

Yes you can but if you have the 2 miles per £ card you will still only get a 1:1 transfer of your Virgin points.

Regards
#34303 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 17:07
I deffo stated the FC card and the intial letter stated this was the 2 miles for £1 card but my first statement has no mention of miles anywhere.

Will these appear on my next statement? I'm guessing that the miles balance won't show until the amount spent which earned them has been paid.

Dean
#34308 by Nottingham Nick
23 Jun 2004, 17:23
Dean

There is obviously a glitch somewhere. As has been previously mentioned miles were not on statements last month.

I have checked my online statement this month, which finished a couple of days ago and, again, there is no mention of FC points / miles on it. (They are usually at the bottom)

BUT, and it is a big but, my miles / points were paid into my account a couple of days ago and that is all I am really bothered about;)

Check your FC account online to see if yours is the same.

Nick
#34309 by jaguarpig
23 Jun 2004, 17:24
Have you been charged £80 on the first statement for the 2x miles card if not I would ring them and get it changed.
#34312 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 17:27
Nope, no mention of FC points on the statement and no charge of £80 either.

dean
#34318 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 17:55
Rang them, they didn't have my FC number even though they were told at application. Still no sign of miles, told they should show now they have my number.

Told the £80 fee would show at the end of the year. Seems bizzare!

Dean
#34320 by AlanA
23 Jun 2004, 18:04
quote:Originally posted by Wolves27
Rang them, they didn't have my FC number even though they were told at application. Still no sign of miles, told they should show now they have my number.

Told the £80 fee would show at the end of the year. Seems bizzare!

Dean

Dean
last month I had exactly the same problem and the miles have been added this month.
They told me that they did not have my FC number even thiough it was on the application form!

P.s. By your sig are you a Wolverhampton wanderers fan?
If so, Many commiserations on the loss of your fan in Spain. :-(
#34322 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 18:15
Its all a bit confusing though isn't it. Is there anywhere online where you can check miles accrued on the credit card. I've serviced both cards and I can't see anywhere in there where I can check miles.

Must admit my AMEX online thingie is much more detailed, then again that doesn't earn me double miles...

Am from Wolves not a big Wolves or football fan, but I guess my loyalties have to lie there over any othert team!

Dean
#34325 by AlanA
23 Jun 2004, 18:27
Dean
Yes, Two places;
You can go to the Virgin Atlanric web site and look at all the flying club miles you have accrued there or for the VS credit cards you can look at your account and miles online here:-

https://www.bankcardservices.co.uk/NASA ... en&org=142
#34327 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 18:31
Its in that link where my two cards are. Can't see anywhere in the page (Quick links, snapshots, statements, benifts ect) where a reference to my miles are made.

Sorry for being such a dullard!

Dean
#34336 by AlanA
23 Jun 2004, 19:10
oh sorry Dean, its in your statements
#34339 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 19:17
Thats okay. Cheers!
Phew that had me worried. Guess they'll appear on the statement now that I've given them my flying club number for the second time :-)

These are the key to my UCS reward flight - I want as many as possible!

Dean
#34340 by AlanA
23 Jun 2004, 19:22
Dean,
Apply for ten cards and you are there! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Virgin Atlantic