For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1608 by jaguarpig
23 Jun 2004, 11:31
Has anyone had trouble getting miles credited after a stay at a mandarin property still waiting for mine after about 10 weeks this after sending the bill & details to FC.I did get a reply from FC in under a week saying the matter was being looked into but no miles.
#34291 by Nick
23 Jun 2004, 16:11
Hi, you don't need to hear this, but I stayed in one (Excelsior, HK) last month and the miles showed up within about 2 weeks on my FC account. Showed my FC card at check-in and didn't need to chase.

Nick
#34304 by Wolves27
23 Jun 2004, 17:12
Staying at the Exelsior and the Mandarin in October also. Will deffo show my card at reception.

Don't want to go off topic but are these two hotels nice, heard they check you in in your room at the MO. I'm in a harbour view room so hopefully should get upgraded with my AMEX plat card.

Dean
#34314 by jaguarpig
23 Jun 2004, 17:44
quote:but are these two hotels nice, heard they check you in in your room at the MO. I'm in a harbour view room so hopefully should get upgraded with my AMEX plat card

I have stayed at the HK Excelsior many times usually when at the HK sevens, no in room check in here, its a good hotel *4 but not spectacular by far east standards.The MOHK has also slipped somewhat behind the competition in recent years but its still 5* you will get in room check-in for the suites.No upgrade with the amex plat card here as its not in the Small luxury hotel programme.Harbour view rooms come in 2 cats side and full both very nice.Have a beer in the captains bar from beautiful chilled silver mugs.
#34397 by Wolves27
24 Jun 2004, 09:22
Its not part of the Small Hotels, but is part of the Fine Hotels and Resorts catalogue, these also get upgrade.

Next time in Hong Kong I want to stay at the Ritz Carlton, simply for the butler bath service:

Sounds fab!

Dean
#34445 by jaguarpig
24 Jun 2004, 15:20
quote:Fine Hotels and Resorts catalogue

never had that one.

quote:Next time in Hong Kong I want to stay at the Ritz Carlton, simply for the butler bath service

Now you do get in room check-in here.My current hotel in HKG but you will need deep pockets to have the butler run the bath for you:D
#34465 by Wolves27
24 Jun 2004, 16:12
Hiya

Sometimes AMEX can be so random. I got both at the same time, there is a bit of crossover in the hotels offered in both but the Hotels and Resorts seems to have some more of the big daddies and less of the boutique types.

think i'll make my philosophy Re: the baths, I'm bankrupting myself staying here, whats an extra $200+HKD :)

Dean
#34468 by jaguarpig
24 Jun 2004, 16:40
Make sure you get a club room, the club lounge is fantastic you can sit there all day if you want drinking comp piper/moet and 5 food presentations a day.
#34698 by BlackCat
26 Jun 2004, 10:21
No probs getting miles when we last stayed in the Mandarin Oriental in HKG. And got a large suite when I flashed the black Amex too...

BC
#35522 by Bazz
06 Jul 2004, 13:10
We've booked the MO NYC for two nights in October to celebrate our 25th on the Centurion offer, booked the highest room grade and got confirmed upgrade to a $1600 per night suite, plus the second night is FREE! :D No miles though but I don't think I can complain ;)
#35540 by jaguarpig
06 Jul 2004, 17:00
Had a little peak at it when we there at Easter looks very nice excellent spot.
#35541 by Bazz
06 Jul 2004, 17:09
I hope they have sorted it out a bit as some of the posts over on FT shortly after the opening weren't exactly complimentary, however I hope by now it is up to the standard I have enjoyed at the MO Knightsbridge. I will let you know!
#35631 by jaguarpig
07 Jul 2004, 15:34
The MO Mark was superb the general manager even sent a personal letter in reply to the standard room questionnaire I filled out explaining a major refit is about to begin finishing next year.This hotel has also had bad reviews on FT.I would be shocked if MO NY is not up to scratch.
#35860 by gbremner
09 Jul 2004, 17:35
Still waiting for miles to post for the following MO stays.

MO Munich December 2003
MO New York March 2004

Have been chasing these since April, with 3 letters and more than 10 calls, but still waiting. Looks like they are not automated like Hilton which appear as rewards very quickly.
Virgin Atlantic