For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1815 by HighFlyer
12 Jul 2004, 20:06
I have just applied for a second Flying Club credit card with Virgin!!

I didnt know you could do this actually. I originally took out the £1 per mile card and my partner took the £2 per mile/£80 card out about 3 months later when we realised our error! We both have cards on that sole account and now have our companion ticket. This got us thinking that if i had the £2 per mile/£80 card with him as an additional card holder, we could shift spending to my account and get two companion tickets. Seems logical to me!!

I called Virgin and they told me that i couldnt 'upgrade' the card, but i could apply for another card (the £2 per mile/£80 card) which i have just done.

If that card is approved, i will net another 4k miles for joining (add to the 2k miles i got for my old card) plus the possibility of two companion tickets!!

After getting your companion ticket on one card, you can switch to the other, keeping both partners in with the miles too. We buy everything on our cards (food, petrol, holidays, even Sky supscription each month) so its not too hard to get the companion ticket doing it that way.

I think that any couples out there who do a fair bit of spending might want to think about this.

Seems too good to be true!

:)
#36128 by jaguarpig
13 Jul 2004, 14:57
Mrs jag and I both have the £80 card we got the companion tickets on both cards on last years spend, they saved us a few quid on 4 PE tickets for next month.