For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1827 by annemarg
13 Jul 2004, 15:25
Hi, we're staying at the LAX Hilton hotel at the beginning of August for an overnight stay. We're booked into the Club/Concierge level - read many varying reports, but recently some really bad ones!! Anyone stayed here and on the Club level particularly? Advice please, as I'm actually thinking of changing hotels.:)
#36967 by HighFlyer
19 Jul 2004, 18:12
Is this the airport hotel?

I try not to take too much notice of reviews as everyone is different in regards to their travel needs. Hiltons are pretty much the same wherever you go, certainly not the best hotels but i like Hiltons (and Sheratons/Merediens) if i go somewhere unknown as you will get consistency. At least you kind of know what to expect. Ive stayed in Hiltons in Egypt and they mirror ones ive stayed in in the UK and US.

Are the bad reviews realting to the Concierge level specifically? If not, dont worry, i find that staying on these floors surpasses the rest of the floors, they always seem to try a lot harder.

What did the bad reviews say anyway?
#37015 by annemarg
19 Jul 2004, 23:31
Hi Highflyer, the reports were all from tripadvisor.com, basically just made the hotel rooms sound "grotty" - no-one mentioned concierge at all and most people seemed to have bought their rooms off priceline - so perhaps that speaks volumes? Just wondered if anyone on the forum had stayed in concierge level. Yes it is the LAX Hilton. Probably all hotels on airports are the same, but obviously a nice one is preferable! :)