For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1841 by mitchja
14 Jul 2004, 17:27
Anyone else applied for this card to get the 20,000 bonus BMI miles - if so how long did you have to wait to receive them [?]

I've just received my first statement and the 33 miles relating to this months spend have been credited to my BMI Diamong Club account. No intention of spending anything else on the card - got it pure and simply to receive the bonus miles as I will use them to book a flight MAN-LHR-MAN when I fly to JFK with VS in September. 12,000 miles for econ or 18,000 for business class.

Thanks
#36322 by onionz
14 Jul 2004, 17:59
Yes i have this card. The 20k bonus miles don't appear on the MBNA statement - they go straight into your DC account. They took about 20 days to reach my account i think - but bear in mind the problems DC has been having with thier systems recently. Even though the bonus miles are dated 19/5 on my DC account, i'm pretty sure they didn't actually appear there until sometime in June.

The normal miles earned from spending on the card have gone on almost immediately when the statement is produced. I'm using this as my main card - it has no annual fee and gives 1.5 miles per pound which beats the VS mastercard with no fee. You can use the BMI miles to get reward VS flights (the redemption levels are higher, but not sufficiently so to outweigh the 50% extra mileage i'm earning). The only downer is i'm now building up sizeable balances on two FFPs rather than one. But this won't be too much of a problem - both will get to the level of a UC reward flight soon enough! :D
#36334 by mitchja
14 Jul 2004, 19:08
Thanks

I'll keep checking my DC online account. My VS flight is not till September any way.

Regards