For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#37573 by Professor Yaffle
27 Jul 2004, 10:05
Why restrict yourself to depressing airport hotels when the Beaches of Venice, Santa Monica or Manhatten are so close to LAX? :D
#37578 by annemarg
27 Jul 2004, 10:24
Our VS flight doesn't get in until 7pm and we're only staying overnight then leaving the hotel around 10 in the morning for the airport again to fly out to Hawaii - no point in going further afield really for an overnight stay.
#37613 by shazam
27 Jul 2004, 16:38
We've stayed at the Westin at LAX the last couple of times, simply because of the heavenly beds, they really are amazingly comfortable.

Not sure of prices but I'm sure it was reasonable, because that is what we look for when it's literally just somewhere to shower and lay our heads for the night.

We've used the bar and room service and both are good quality.

Cheers

Shaz
#37624 by annemarg
27 Jul 2004, 18:46
Thanks Shaz I've heard that Westin is good.:)
#37928 by ChuckC
02 Aug 2004, 03:19
Well, I too am a lover of Santa Monica, having lived there for eight years back before it became Beverly Hills at the Shore. It still is beautiful, however, and would be a quieter place to rest your head. Lots of good hotel choices there.

That said, the Westin is fine as is the Marriott, just like the Westins and Marriotts are pretty much everywhere else. Both have airport shuttles, are within sight of the runways (is that really what you want??).

Just think: the Santa Monica beach is a 20-minute cab ride from LAX.

Have a fun time in Hawaii. Where do you stay there?

Regards,
Chuck-
#37943 by jaguarpig
02 Aug 2004, 15:19
quote:simply because of the heavenly beds, they really are amazingly comfortable.

I will second that they are brilliant still trying to work out how to get one into my case:D
Virgin Atlantic