For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#936952 by lovetoholiday
28 Jul 2017, 10:02
Hi all

Our trip to NYC is nearly upon us, we are on DL003 tomorrow in Delta one class. You may remember we were originally booked in UC but due to our son suffering bad air sickness on our return from DXB in June we decided that the UC Suites were not the best option for us. Delta have a config where the 2 middle seats are next to each other so we switched over. Initially very disappointed to be missing out on flying UC. But we still get to use the CH and we are looking forward to trying a different airline, and have heard good things about Delta One.

So what I am after is any useful tips for our trip - I have put together an itinerary covering all the major sites. And already have some restaurant suggestions, but if you can think of any must eats/drinks/visits etc please let me know.
We are staying in the Garment district at the Hilton Homewood Suites.
On the 1st we have tickets to see Coldplay at the Metlife Stadium - any travel tips to get there would also be appreciated.

Many thanks, must get on with some packing. Mr L2H is on his way back from SFO (VS UC) - a work trip. I insisted he fly back here today rather than straight to NYC tmrw :blush:

L2H
#936984 by lovetoholiday
28 Jul 2017, 21:12
Any eating recommendations though ?
#936986 by TimCrawley
28 Jul 2017, 22:03
If you're in the East Village area during your trip then the recently opened Simply Hooked at 47 Clinton St does the most amazing fish & chips for $15 (though I'm a tiny bit biased as I know Jason, one of the owners, for 20+ years!)

Have a wonderful trip - look forward to reading your TR for what you think of Delta One (hopefully your son has a stress free & sickness free flight too).
#936988 by lovetoholiday
28 Jul 2017, 22:22
Thanks Tim, love fish and chips so will definitely stop by this plaice (sorry could not resist !)
Will let you know about Delta one, not impressed with online checkin - worked for my husband but has failed for me and child ! But we will be at the airport in plenty of time, allowing for a few Redheads in the CH too :cool:
Our son is asking if we have access to the Sky club - I tried explaining it won't be a patch on the CH, but hes insisting we go and have a look.

L2H
#936996 by gumshoe
29 Jul 2017, 09:06
There is no Delta Sky Club at LHR. Delta One passengers use the Clubhouse. So you've dodged a bullet there!

At JFK both VS and DL have lounges; you can use either but clearly the Clubhouse is far better!
#936997 by lovetoholiday
29 Jul 2017, 09:28
Ah, Ok that makes things easier on the redhead front !
Virgin Atlantic