For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#937955 by sungod
01 Sep 2017, 11:03
on the way home after hols

it's a bijou lounge, snacks are ok though, and the outside terrace is pleasant, today it's quite busy at the airport, and the lounge is full, some irate people being bounced at the door

as nothing much changes here, it's major news that after a few years of nothing fizzy, the chiller once again has mini bottles of cava! first time i've seen that since the old lounge closed

currently scoffing the tapas and starting the second bottle :-D
#938375 by nkp85uk
13 Sep 2017, 11:14
Gosh Cava, really! I’ve used that lounge several times in the past couple of years so pleased to hear of that improvement!

Usually use Priority Pass to get in, queue up with a bunch of BA CE passengers who can’t understand why they’re being turned away. Does seem peculiar that BA would rather disappoint their customer than enter into an agreement with this lounge.
#938376 by gumshoe
13 Sep 2017, 11:18
It's becoming increasingly common. Tallinn and Krakow spring to mind as airports where lounges exist but BA hasn't negotiated a deal for its passengers to use them.
#938386 by pjh
13 Sep 2017, 17:10
nkp85uk wrote:Usually use Priority Pass to get in, queue up with a bunch of BA CE passengers who can’t understand why they’re being turned away. Does seem peculiar that BA would rather disappoint their customer than enter into an agreement with this lounge.

Brings a smile to my face as recently I faced the prospect of not getting into the Greggs....sorry....Escape Lounge at Stansted on a Sunday as it was full of BA types (as BA hold their noses and fly from Stansted over the weekend). I do wonder what they made of a largely pastry based food offering. :)