For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#941242 by gilly
28 Jan 2018, 16:28
Looking to fly from Cardiff or Bristol to Budapest to stay with our son, who lives there. Ryanair doesn’t work thankfully, as they don’t fly on the day we need to travel, so we are considering Lufthansa via Frankfurt. Is this an easy airport to transit, as we don’t have a lot of time to spare?

Last time we went KLM via Schiphol but that took forever to get through, as it necessitated going from one end to the other - twice - because they changed gate!

Any comments about Lufthansa in general?
#941245 by sungod
28 Jan 2018, 20:22
if all flights are LH, you'll be in terminal 1 which avoids the nightmare of arriving at the far end of terminal 2 and finding you need to get to the extreme end of terminal 1 (that was a looooooooooong walk, my lack of preparation and imho poor signage didn't help, i never even realised there was a train!)

as you are travelling non-schengen to schengen you'll be going through passport control etc., but if it's all LH the booking should allow enough time for transfer - i'd study the airport map beforehand and download the LH app to help get info on which pier/gate you need to get to
#941271 by Eggtastico
29 Jan 2018, 17:12
you could do Munich to Budapest
Flybe from Cardiff to Munich.
Or Iberia Express to Madrid & Budapest from there?
Flybe to Berlin & Wizz Air to budapest?

easyjet Bristol to Vienna & A train to Budapest would prob be the quickest out the lot though....
#941307 by clarkeysntfc
30 Jan 2018, 10:23
Having been to FRA airport, I would avoid it. I understand that Munich is easier.
#941479 by gilly
07 Feb 2018, 19:27
Thanks for all the helpful comments. After relaying everything to my husband, we decided to book BA ex LHR . At least it’s direct.
Virgin Atlantic