For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#942276 by LucyLu
20 Mar 2018, 18:06
Long shot, but has anyone used the lounge at Oakland, CA. I'm flying out with Norwegian and coming back premium so get use of the lounge. Just wondered what is offered there. Don't think I have ever used a US lounge before but not expecting much. Just conscious the food on Norwegian is supposed to be pretty poor and wondering if I should find somewhere to eat in the airport before I fly, or if the lounge will have something OK.
#942285 by NV43
20 Mar 2018, 23:53
I think, depending on your arrival time at OAK, a reconnaissance of the Escape Lounge and then, depending on what you discover, head off, elsewhere, or not.

I'm delighted to report that the Otis Spunkmeyer Banana Nut muffin, taken from the First Class lounge at LAS in March 2010, continues to show no visible sign of deterioration.
#942291 by lifebuoy
21 Mar 2018, 09:51
Hi

I was in the Oakland Escape lounge a couple of weeks ago. Food was great. Streets ahead of the Escape lounges in Manchester -no comparison. I don’t know if you’ve ever used The Centurion lounges but the food was more in line with that..

Oakland is a great little airport. Not busy, nice staff and quick immigration.
#942308 by LucyLu
21 Mar 2018, 16:06
Great to hear, thanks for the feedback. I will be there from about 3:30pm in the afternoon
#942642 by LucyLu
04 Apr 2018, 12:34
Loved OAK as an airport (so compact compared to SFO!) and the Escape lounge was small but perfectly adequate. Food offerings were reasonable and the drinks were good. Had a couple of lovely margaritas whilst waiting for my flight home. My only (minor) criticism was that there weren't enough comfy chairs, they were all mainly upright chairs at a table.
#942703 by Sealink
06 Apr 2018, 01:52
Flying to OAK in November. For some reason, VS were offering UC for £1k rtn... :D
Virgin Atlantic