For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#945358 by SlimpyJones
29 Jul 2018, 19:26
According to airliners.net MT will not be resuming their MAN-BOS service next year and will be scaling back MAN-LAX, potentially in response to VS's growth.

Good news for VS as that's another competitor out of the way. Word is that loads on MT have been far greater than VS though perhaps without a proper J class it is not bringing in the yields.

Perhaps if this improves the VS loads/yields we may see a daily service in the future. One can hope!
#945359 by Hamster
29 Jul 2018, 20:30
Have heard that the airline side of Thomas Cook may be split off from the travel agency side and further possibility that it may be sold off.
#945360 by gumshoe
29 Jul 2018, 22:15
I’m afraid I’ve never been convinced that there’s a viable market for daily MAN-USA routes, other than MCO.

If there was, BA would have had it sewn up long ago. What business travel market there is at MAN is generally happy to connect via London.
#945369 by Hamster
30 Jul 2018, 18:13
gumshoe wrote:I’m afraid I’ve never been convinced that there’s a viable market for daily MAN-USA routes, other than MCO.

If there was, BA would have had it sewn up long ago. What business travel market there is at MAN is generally happy to connect via London.

Well AA have daily MAN-PHL and seasonal MAN-ORD, BA get as much revenue from them as they would if they flew them, just easier/lower cost for AA to operate the route from one of their hubs than BA positioning crew or setting up a new base.