Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239481 by Virgin Lover
21 Dec 2005, 12:38
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Arrived at the Airport on the Hertz bus and walked pretty much straight upto the PE desk. Already checked in online. We were dealt with promptly and efficiently and given boarding passes for our usual seats (79 A&C) on the upper deck. The queue for economy check-in was very long as usual. We then set off for the long trek through security, except for the long initial queue this was not as bad as expected and seems to have been a bit streamlined since we were last there. We headed off to the satellite terminal and the Outback Steakhouse.

We arrived at the gate at 5:40 just as they were announcing pre boarding. Again there was no rush or queue trying to get on, but the flight was only half full. This time we were met by another old friend Virginia Plain (G-VTOP) and we went to find our seats.

Again the cabin crew were excellent and served drinks as soon as we were seated. We pushed back ahead of schedule and just got ahead of the Gatwick flight for the runway, which should have departed 30 minutes ago. No taxi delays, in fact after we left the gate we didn't stop again until we arrived in Manchester!

Excellent flight back, drinks services all as expected, and continuous availability of water and juice (offered around as well). The food was excellent, normally my wife dislikes the food offered on ex us flights and we always remark on how it is not as good as ex uk. Tonight was different, we were offered xmas dinner, and greatfully accepted. If was in fact, one of the best economy meals I have ever had, and the cheese cake for desert was excellent too. As was the double helping of cheese and biscuits (my wife was full), now if only they could serve a decent red wine we would be sorted.

The flight passed without incident and was completely smooth, we took a very high track and passed just south of greenland, at one point skymap noted the outside air temp as -86 F ! which is the coldest I have ever seen, although skymap was having a few issues so it could have been wrong (flight took 37 hrs apparently).

Bumpy approach to Manchester, but landing very smooth. Skymap was again left on right to the gate which pleased me. We had a short wait for a stand, with an appology made by the captain. and arrived bang on time.

Quckly off the plane and through immigration, our bags again were near the front of the carousel and we were out of the terminal in no time at all.

Another excellent performance by VS.

Neil.
#323380 by Jon B
21 Dec 2005, 16:55
Originally posted by Virgin Lover

Skymap was again left on right to the gate which pleased me.

Love it when this happens - now if only VS would find a way of having a live feed from the front during take off as some other airlines do that would make my day [y]
#323394 by slinky09
21 Dec 2005, 18:01
Originally posted by Virgin Lover
... in fact after we left the gate we didn't stop again until we arrived in Manchester!

Very glad to hear that [:p][:p]