Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240258 by robandgill
26 Jan 2006, 21:14
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
We were availing of twilight checkin and headed straight there after our connecting flight from Belfast. Security staff were in jovial form - we even cracked a few jokes. Different story at checkin, extremely grumpy checkin agent, obviously not impressed at being there in the evening. Nearly had my head bitten off when I presented our FC cards as they were already in the system - I was only checking. Anyway checkin was functional we were assgined our pre-booked seats 78 A&C.

Stayed overnight at gatwick in the Ramada plaza which I have nothing good to say about. Back in gatwick next morning, quick rip around duty free (gill bought VS keyrings) flight was called pretty much on time - more than can be said for one of the orlando flights leaving that morning. Arrived down at the gate to see English Rose waiting, so Nova [ii]

Priority boarding was professionally executed and we were quickly in our seats. CC around quickly with pre-flight drinks. PE on the upper deck was completely full as anticipated from expertflyer availability check. Slight delay in take-off, 1000 vs the scheduled 0930.

IFE was on pretty quick, but had 3 cycles of SRB welcome on-board message. Movies then started, but with the inbound selection rather than outbound - a few passengers including ourselves had a quick word with the CC and very shortly all sorted with an announced apology from the FSM. CC decided that most passengers had probably been up early that morning and decided to serve up lunch promptly. Lunch was pretty good - in fact some of the best economy food I have had on VS - We both had the Roast stuffed chicken, I think the other choice was bangers & mash. Baileys and Brandy were offered up not long after lunch with ample measures for all [}:)]

After a another movie or so, we were served up Ben & Jerrys ice cream and then a sandwich and some fruit before landing. I have to say the CC on this flight were outstanding and did everything to make us feel as comfortable as possible and tended to our every need 10/10 [y]

Upon arrival, upper and PE deplaned first, which is just as well as this avoided horrendous queues on the tarmac at ANU waiting in line for immigration. Straight through customs and onto the taxi for cocobay. About an hour after our landing we were knocking back our welcome rum punch on our balcony [8D][8D]

A great start to the holiday [y][y][:D]

Robert & Gillian
#329739 by buns
26 Jan 2006, 21:25
Robert & Gillian

Thanks for the TR[y]

Priority boarding was professionally executed and we were quickly in our seats.

From recent reports about Gatwick flights, this is a pleasant and most welcome change

Lunch was pretty good - in fact some of the best economy food I have had on VS - We both had the Roast stuffed chicken, I think the other choice was bangers & mash.

You didn't notice anyone sneeking up from UC did you[:w][}:)][:w]

All the best
#329747 by honey lamb
26 Jan 2006, 21:36
I think the other choice was bangers & mash.

I wonder if we had anything to do with it being downgraded? [:p]
#329756 by robandgill
26 Jan 2006, 21:52
Originally posted by buns4vs

Lunch was pretty good - in fact some of the best economy food I have had on VS - We both had the Roast stuffed chicken, I think the other choice was bangers & mash.

You didn't notice anyone sneeking up from UC did you[:w][}:)][:w]

can't say I was looking...guess its possible

will be more vigilant in future [;)]