Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240341 by spur365
30 Jan 2006, 17:43
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Hi, i am a new poster and thought i would share my journey and points with you.

This was my 2nd time to JFK (4th overall trip with Virgin)but this time unlike others i flew PE. I booked the flights about November of VA website. Originally i was going to fly Economy but the PE price of 559 each seemed to good to refuse. I knew VS045 was going to be a A340600 and and prebooked seats 20 A+C (other seat for my GF). On arrival at checkin approx 0700 i was pleased to see no Q what so ever and was asked by a Virgin lady if i would like to upgrade to UC for 300 extra. This sent my mind thinking all sorts of questions and decided not to as i would rather spend the money in NY. I may have refused a very good deal but was sure i made the right decision. Anyway we boarded at 0830 and took our seats which i thought was quite good really.

The only thing i found annoying about the seat after was the box under the seat in front which limited the leg room but luckily the chap infront didnt recline his seat at all. Having travelled economy all previous times i was pleasently supprised of the extra service you get in PE from the crew. After the drinks trolly came about 30 mins into the journey the meal came which was roast chicken with 2 glasses of Wine. Then the Baileys and Brandy came round, which i understand is new but didnt take it up as i already felt a bit merry! Good job as after that we had about 2 hrs of turbulance during which time even the cabin crew got sent to their seats. Also loved the ben and jerrys ice cream thst was handed out, it was a nice touch.

Now for 4 night in NY, superb.

After reluctantly making our way back to JFK i arrived again to no Q at the PE desk, im beginning to like this. This time we had a 744 and got our prebooked seat of 74 A+C. As soon as i got on the upper deck i just knew this was the best place to be. I sat in seat 74 C and it was definatly the best seat in my book. The extra table next to you is great for storage during the flight and the legroom is very good. While we were loading i was able to look down the aise and get a glimps of Cosmic G's flight dec. That was until i got an elbow from the GF to stop. Again the service was great from the cabin crew and to be honest it always has been whenever i have have been on my travels.

The only gripe i have is they dont do the Virgin Glow pens anymore that i needed to get for a boy i know, but nevermind.

After experiencing PE im not sure i can go back to economy! Sorry about any spelling mistakes, its not my strong point. Enjoy ya travels.

{Edited Sailor99:Added airport codes to title}
#330478 by Littlejohn
30 Jan 2006, 17:56
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Spur. What a great post for your first one. Sorry about the dayglow pens!
(I did do a little edit to get the title in the right format - that way the post picks up a route map of where you have been. Hope you don't mind).
#330507 by Richard28
30 Jan 2006, 19:38
welcome to v-flyer Spur365 - good TR as your first post too [y]!

Glad you had a good flight. You're absolutely right about the upper deck PE cabin - very nice indeed!
#330558 by buns
30 Jan 2006, 22:30
Spur365

Welcome to V-flyer, hope that you made use of the site before you travelled

Thanks for posting your TR - it is important we have a wide range of views and travel experiences on the site as this makes the benefits of belonging to the site so much greater.

originally posted by spur365
was asked by a Virgin lady if i would like to upgrade to UC for £300 extra.

Many fellow V-Flyers would have bitten of her hand for an offer like that[;)][;)] You many have managed to avoid the temptation this time, but VS will entice you, mark my words[:D][}:)][:D][:D]
#330567 by locutus
30 Jan 2006, 23:05
I wouldn't know what to do if offered the chance of an upgrade. I'd prefer one on my way back though, as I wouldn't be sleeping on the way out though, and not sure it would be worth the money, but i'd be tempted!

Maybe I'll get lucky in March [:D]
Virgin Atlantic