Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240638 by slimey_c
08 Feb 2006, 01:56
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
In an effort to stop losing money I thought I would compile a trip report for this weekends flight to LAS [:D].

Firstly thanks to Lynnewob for noticing that I was flying out on the same day, we had a mini V-flyer social in the bump [8D]

So the trip report........

Check-in: I tried to use OLCI but due to some reason this didn't work and the system despite showing my booking in Manage my flights, I was unable to do anything else with it. I called the FC (on hold for 15 minutes) and tried to see if they could help. The chap was nice and helpful but couldn't change anything.

So as I was staying over in Hilton anyway I used Twilight check-in. This was good but I needed my case so pretty pointless (just wanted to make sure I got my seat).

The following morning I queued again and all was in order. I must admit the bag drop-off at LGW is pretty poor.

So onto the plane. Said hi to my V-flyer compatriate and made the way to my seat (77J). Good seat.

Next we were delayed at takeoff due to an incident and after taking off we took a rather strange route to the east before coming back over London.

Service on the flight was superb, we were wonderfully catered for by an Australian Lady.

For lunch I had my Sunday roast [:D] chicken and pots (which was nice), following by Profiteroles which are lovely.

We later had the panini which was ok and the egg roll later again...I'm not sure why they do back to back sandwiches.

Entertainment was very poor. There were a couple of watchable films but that was all really.

Landed a little over schedule into sunny vegas, sadly my luck on the tables has not been good!

I visited Hooters on behalf of V-Flyer, for research purposes only. It was a major disappointment I have to say. Just a bunch of old tables on an old stained carpet. The men had to queue for about 15 minutes for toilets!

I've managed to upgrade to UC on the return from SFO to LHR so will file a trip report then.

Simon
#333017 by mcmbenjamin
08 Feb 2006, 02:15
Originally posted by slimey_c

I visited Hooters on behalf of V-Flyer, for research purposes only. It was a major disappointment I have to say. Just a bunch of old tables on an old stained carpet. The men had to queue for about 15 minutes for toilets!

Sad to hear Simon! I had high hopes.

Have fun in Vegas. The breakfast buffet at the Wynn is top notch!
#333201 by Richard28
08 Feb 2006, 21:13
Originally posted by slimey_c
after taking off we took a rather strange route to the east before coming back over London.

we did a very similar routing on my VS43 back in June, very strange, but does give a great birds eye view of LGW from the right hand side [:)]

Thanks for the TR!
#334775 by Mavrick
16 Feb 2006, 12:58
Thanks for the T.R. [y]