Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240762 by lynnewob
14 Feb 2006, 11:58
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Trip report from Gatwick to Vegas

Online check in worked okay from the Gatwick Copthorne Hotel. Nice hotel (with upgrade to Club room) enabling us to have a free breakfast before departing on the shuttle bus to the airport at a cost of 2.50pp.

Only 2 deep in bag drop queue (which compared with the economy checkin was a godsend). Boarding passes for seats 79A&C (requested) granted and off we went to the Servisair lounge for our drinks to start the holiday off well. The lounge is okay compared to the one at BHX (don't touch it with a bargepole) but I know it's a poor relation to the Virgin Clubhouse - oh well, had a couple of drinks and snacks before boarding.

Pre-boarding worked well without a huge scramble and seats taken. Had champagne and settled down to watch 'flightplan'. Following a drinks round, meals were served followed by a Baileys. Had a little nap and watched Wallace and Gromit.

Before this trip, discovered SlimeyC (another v-flyer) was on the upstairs deck with us and we met and had a chat about Vegas, especially as it was our first time. Okay, I know it's not a full v-flyer trip but still nice to meet up with someone from here. I hope your meetings went okay.

Arrived in Vegas, slightly over schedule and being first off the plane, sailed through immigration. We were the first two bags off the plane so went through customs without the crowds, hopped into a very convenient taxi which took us straight to the Bellagio.

Check in at Bellagio was a bloomin' nightmare, at least 3 deep on each of about 16 check in desks. I didn't realise it was the superbowl and the place would be so busy.

Oh well, got a lovely lakeview room on floor 16 and chilled out watching the fountains following the long flight with yet another drink. [:D]

Will report on return trip soon.

{edit - onionz : removed extra dashes in title to make Blue Marble map work}
#334311 by Mavrick
14 Feb 2006, 12:53
Thanks for the T.R. [y]hope you had a good time in Vegas.[:)]
#334325 by ChuckC
14 Feb 2006, 13:59
lynnewob,
Good report. Happy to learn, of course, that another V-Flyer was on your flight. It only takes two to party ...

Chuck-
#334428 by Scrooge
14 Feb 2006, 20:56
Originally posted by ChuckC
lynnewob,
Good report. Happy to learn, of course, that another V-Flyer was on your flight. It only takes two to party ...

Chuck-

Or just Mcuth [y][:D][oo]
#334431 by buns
14 Feb 2006, 21:11
Lynne

Thanks for the TR[y][y]

Nice to know that the pre-boarding at LGW worked well (as this has been a common complaint of recent times)and that you were able to bag 79A&C.

Hope your first time in Vegas (excepting Superbowl weekend of course) has wtted your appetite[;)]
#334437 by onionz
14 Feb 2006, 21:31
Thanks for the TR [y]

You mention that the economy line was long, and the bag drop saved you time - was the PE line long too? It's good to hear that online check in secured your chosen seats AND saved you time at checkin.

Not sure what's going on with the big globe map at the top of your report, rather than the nice Blue Marble map...i'll see if I can fix it.

Edit: All done - if you put extra dashes in the topic title, the forum code thinks you went via lots of airports and resorts to using a Great Circle map which doesn't look as nice! At least, that's my guess....[:)]
#334440 by buns
14 Feb 2006, 21:39
Originally posted by Onionz
Not sure what's going on with the big globe map at the top of your report, rather than the nice Blue Mable map...i'll see if I can fix it

Nice one[y] Now, if you could only be so adept with those card tables in Vegas[}:)][:D][;)][:D]
#334443 by onionz
14 Feb 2006, 21:46
Originally posted by buns4vs
Originally posted by Onionz
Not sure what's going on with the big globe map at the top of your report, rather than the nice Blue Mable map...i'll see if I can fix it

Nice one[y] Now, if you could only be so adept with those card tables in Vegas[}:)][:D][;)][:D]

Very true buns!

The very sight of this Vegas report makes me eager to return and win it all back!
#334493 by lynnewob
15 Feb 2006, 10:02
Thanks for sorting me out Onionz.

Yes, it has whetted my appetite but will look at a different hotel next time, perhaps THEHotel or Four Seasons at the top end of the strip.

Need to save a bit more money first though and still got the Big Apple to do yet (need to shop......)
Virgin Atlantic