Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#241180 by mediamonkey
02 Mar 2006, 18:07
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
The flight back then. Had a wicked time in Vegas, a really amazing city. I must recommend the following while I get the chance. O and KA, both Cirque shows are jaw-droppingly wonderful. Bradly Ogdens at Ceaser's is a really wonderful restaurant, with top class food. Pure is the best nightclub, even... esp in the VIP balcony.

Anyway, we got a limo from Ceasers at midday for the 4.05pm flight, all feeling very worse for wear after a night in Pure till 5am and 2 bottles of Vodka....between 3 of us. So we were looking forward to getting to the airport, onto the plane and off to sleep.

Got to check it at about 12.30, went through the security checks and down the PE line, only for the PE check in lady to let a group of 6, 'chavs' (I hate that word!) in front of us from the Economy line, which took 15 mins to check in. During that time all the other economy desks took people out the economy line... even the Upper desk did, leaving us waiting there.

We finally were called to the desk, only to then be told, even though we were over 3 hours early for our flight, that the PE seats we'd paid full whack for and requested online weren't available and we had to sit downstairs. We wanted the Upper Cabin, esp for sleeping on the way back. We were a bit annoyed by this, especially as they had already made us wait, and then the check in girl, foolishly told us they had upgraded people from Economy and put them in our seats (are these people actual Virgin staff or are they just temps, as she was terrible) we kicked up a small fuss, staying calm but just explaining that it's not on. Eventually she managed to find three seperate seats upstairs... so we then asked for the supervisior who managed to move two of those three together thus giving us a 2 and a 1 behind it... phew!

With that chaos over it was up to the gate, which was very dull, but we were napping, puttnig money in Wheel Of Fortune and buying bits and bobs. Eventually we were called on board, went through the PE enterance and got into the upper deck. We had the seats at the front on the left, and the one behind on the left by the window (I forget the numbers!) we were flying on Barbarella (I think, it was a hazy trip!)

Window seat was great for the storage by the side, so I stuck all my recording kit in there, and gave the cabin crew my jumper that I'd spilt a load of coke on to see if they could try it during the flight. Quickly were given drinks and took off, then it was the meal, more drinks and lights off within an hour or so. I had the vegi option, which tasted of nothing... much prefered my UC Jacket Potatoe on the way out... yum! Watched The Weather Man (very funny) and then fell asleep after extending the chair.

Never have I had such a good sleep on a plane before. Maybe it was the upper deck being quiet, maybe it was the chair, or maybe it was the hangover, but before I knew it I was being woken up for landing. We touched down, and taxied to the stand, but the jetty was broken so we had to get the bus to the terminal. First off as usual so through passport control quickly, and got the the baggage reclaim as the bags were coming through. 5 Mins later we were off home to sleep off the rest of the hangover... although I got home to find the reason my bag was pulling strangely was that one of the wheels had been broken off... so now have to go through sorting that out!

A good flight on the whole, mainly due to the fab cabin crew (who managed to dry my jumper!) and a good snooze!

Has anyone else had any problems at LAS check in?
#337960 by David_C_H_1
02 Mar 2006, 19:45
Has anyone else had any problems at LAS check in?

Not at LAS because I've never been there BUT, I have had similar checkin issues at JFK on two seperate occasions. I noticed, when attempting to get the name of a particularly bad checkin agent that her badge said 'Swissport' on it, so I can only assume that is the name of the contractor that VS use at JFK. They are however, dressed up in VS uniform.

Sounds like a great hangover, I wish I was still young enough to get one of those [:$]
#338375 by ChuckC
04 Mar 2006, 14:01
media,
Thanks for your report. Vegas is totally fun experience and it sounds as though your flight was fine as well after the check-in mix-up. Perhaps the OLCI for you next time?

Chuck-
#338521 by mediamonkey
05 Mar 2006, 13:38
Tis a pleasure.

Definatly OLCI next time, didn't have a problem going out, so thought we wouldn't need it. Also in our state that morning, getting on the internet was the least of our priorities!

Great flight as usual though!
#338796 by Mavrick
06 Mar 2006, 10:43
Good T.R,Thank you. [y]
Virgin Atlantic