Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#341573 by mcmbenjamin
17 Mar 2006, 06:33
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Originally posted by Richard28

I too found myself wondering about the ash trays in the A346 loo's. It is strange that they continue to be installed!

Do not get me started on Airbus and ashtrays.
On CRJs there is a cupholder in the location where the First Officer would rest his/her hand. FOs would normally put there sunglasses, cell phone or pens there. All is fine. FO gets upgraded to the A319. Problem now is that in the cupholder loction is an ashtray. So FO puts the ashtray in his/her trash can behind there seat and uses the opening to store stuff; as they have a stored there stuff there in the CRJ. Well you may think it is no big deal especially as 'Fly High Airlines' is a smoke-free airline and flight deck crew cannot smoke. Problem is that the two (left and right) flight deck ash trays are not MELable but the seat and lav ashtrays are MELable. So Fly High Air has to cancel flights because the ashtrays got trashed and is not a common stocked part at some airports. Airbus 319 flight deck ashtrys cost about US300.00. When intern Ben for FHA called Airbus and asked why there is an ashtray in the planes he learn that it is standard and if ordered new without would cause a engineering plans to be drawn up witch cost a lot of money.
#341626 by sky0000547
17 Mar 2006, 12:49
Good TR that was a good read. Making me look forward to my trip to Hong Kong in 13 days time.
#342055 by jamie
19 Mar 2006, 20:31
Great T/R. Can't wait to do that trip myself..although I think I would have to have a least a night in HKG on the way out
#342102 by mcmbenjamin
19 Mar 2006, 23:23
There is only one big problem with there recent excelent SYD TRs; my desire to Australia keeps on getting stronger! Hey, I would earn a free economy ticket IAD-LHR-HKG-SYD.

Great TR. Glad you two have a blast.
#343114 by JAT74L
25 Mar 2006, 06:00
Great TR Matt and great pics. Love the Metro (or is it a Rover 100???) in the snow!

Looking forward even more to my VS200 now (only to HKG though)

Regards

John
#343209 by xenole
25 Mar 2006, 17:04
Read the bit about someone saying they always get the full flights. Are there days on which this tends to happen? Looking at flying LHR-HKG (possibly 4 day stopover for gold runs etc) then onto SYD on the 1st Nov (Wed).

Didn't know about the quarantine thing after landing.......no-one has ever mentioned that before as far as I know, and I was speaking to someone yesterday who had recently come back from Australia.

What exactly is the monkey thing in for the 'red light' bit?
Virgin Atlantic