Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#241840 by Doc
03 Apr 2006, 14:07
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
The car arrived at 5:50 which given I had been to a University reunion the night before wasn't ideal - that said we had a great journey and arrived at Heathrow 08:00 in time to sit in traffic at the airport [:(!] The drive through was its usual excellent stop and I was in the lounge by 08:30 and took a look around [y]Very impressive and I took a seat by the multi screen and watched the sport whilst eating a 'full English' and enjoying numerour glasses of champagne [:D] Unfortunately I missed my treatment [:(] (they didn't call me)so will never know if the tanning system turns you orange.

They called the flight at 10:10 and I was sat in 10k enjoying a drink by 10:30, took off the shoes, put on the ipod and watched the world go by - the IFB was very friendly and I opted for the hangover treatement (avoid the head) and then watched thre small kids, a nanny and mother take up the front rows - watching the horror on some of the passengers faces was worth the price of the ticket alone [8D]. The kids were great and seemed to enjoy the flight talking and playing with everyone.

We pushed back a little late but soon I was enjoying a G&T and ordered the leek and pot soup (good), chicken curry (great) & crumble with ice cream (excellent) washed down with a very nice italian white. The movies were ok - wanted to watch Kong but they don't have it. Went to the bar and enjoyed a few stellas before sleeping for four hours. I then had a pork pie (very good) and some more wine and watched peep show.

Before I knew it we had landed and I was out, through customs and in the car within tweny minutes. Great flight, great crew and would suggest the lounge in Heathrow is the best there is. [:D]
#344854 by ChuckC
03 Apr 2006, 14:23
Thanks for the TR, Doc. I hate flying when I haven't slept well the night before, but you seem to have come through it just fine!

Chuck-
#344896 by Richard28
03 Apr 2006, 20:56
Thanks for the TR Doc.

Another good mark for the food is encouraging!

p.s. your hang-over could not have been that bad if you Stella's after lunch!!
#344943 by n/a
03 Apr 2006, 23:31
At least you had IFE! :-) Good TR, thanks.

GJ
#344946 by Mutley
03 Apr 2006, 23:39
hehe.. I wonder if you would have been smiling so much if the little ankle bitters sat next you? [:o)]

So was the pork pie part of your hangover cure? I recently heard a fellow pax order one and was shocked to see a pie arrive that was big enough for 2 people to share. Just the thing to soak up the beers. [:p]

Mutley.
Virgin Atlantic