Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#243193 by slinky09
04 Jun 2006, 13:23
Greetings from New York where it's a cloudy, cool early Sunday morning.

This is going to be a short report, and I wanted to bash it out before I forgot and compliment Virgin on a truly wonderful flight over yesterday. Everything was exemplary (apart from the onboard food which was good but not fab)! From watching England on the giant screen in the club house, to my first flight on Dancing Queen (she's so shiny and new and smells lovely!) it reminded me why VS is best!

Checked in no problem, spent a long time enjoying the CH, having a St Tropez tan, enjoying a burger (very good) and a glass of fizz (how Jeffrey Archer!) Gate 21 a bit of a schlep but on board the crew were fantastic, and with the flight 50% full in all classes there was room aplenty. VPort started 6 mins into the flight, a record though to much waffle before the films became available. Lots of drinks rounds too which left this passenger a little dozy! Arrival on time and a near empty customs and immigration hall, even a polite immigration office for once! Great stuff.
#356025 by ChuckC
04 Jun 2006, 14:01
slinky,
Welcome to the States and thanks for your report. Gate 21? And the CH is around gate 12 or so; you're right -- that's a 'bit of schlep'. Try gate 42 -- now that's a schlep.[:p]

Enjoy your visit.

Chuck-
#356099 by Mavrick
05 Jun 2006, 09:44
Cool TR, thank you and enjoy your break in NY. [y]