Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#243854 by Airbus340
12 Jul 2006, 02:39
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
VS008
LAX-LHR
G-VROC (Mustang Sally)
(UCS) Seat 17 K
23rd Apr 06

First of all I apologise for this being a trip report from a flight a while ago but when I got back I only had time to write the out bound trip report due to GCSES. [}:)]

Well our return flight didnt start as well as our outbound from LHR. We arrived at check-in with plenty of time but kept waiting due to the check-in lady being on the phone for a good few minutes.

We proceeded to security, were we were told to go to the shorter line which was meant to be fast track (After the check-in lady told us that there was no fast track facility at LAX) this actually meant that we had to wait a lot longer than the normal queue due to there only being one machine for the fast track line which was quickly growing. I think it took us over half an hour to get through.

Straight away we proceeded to the new Air New Zealand Lounge which Is really nice but not as nice as the clubhouse.
Its quite spacious with windows all round it, its got a great view of the gates and the runway! [img]http://www.virginflyer.com/photos/2289.jpg[/img]
The Food choice isnt great, its mainly cold meats and salads and all drinks are self service but it is all replenished quickly.
If your not a UC customer and you want to use the lounge its about $50.

Soon we were called by the VS rep to take us to the gate and board us ( I saw that she was already aware of V-Flyer as she had a card already!)

We were welcomed aboard and I soon settled in to my seat 17K.
[img]http://www.virginflyer.com/photos/2453.jpg[/img]
We were soon asked about pre flight drinks and crisps. I realised that I was sitting two seats down from an ex Blue Peter Presenter, Richard Bacon.

I noted that the suite on mustang sally were showing there fair share of wear and tear especially on the ottomans.
The FSM came around shortly but missed me out, this may have been because I was under 16 at the time or maybe 18? Although the FSM on the outbound managed to.

About an two hours In to the flight food was served (this was the best of British menu not the current one so I wont really comment on it)
I had the Thai Curry soup to start (Very spicy)
The filet steak for main (nice but obviously had to be well done#61516;)
And the vanilla & bourbon mousse (Nice!)

After the meal service I think there was including myself 8 people at the bar area! A bit cramped and maybe noisy for people wanting to sleep. The Crew were attentive and friendly but I dint think the were quite as good as the crew on my out bound flight.

Because I had a Virgin touch card I manage to get a massage which was really good and relaxing. I think it was called a Indian head massage.

Back to the bar for a bit and then off to watch cheaper by the dozen 2 (ok but not as good as the first one. although better the very un-believable story of flightplan)

I decided I should get a few hours of sleep in and I had handed in a form for breakfast so if I sleep for a while I would be woken up, but I dint manage to sleep im not sure why but I thought the mattress on the suite could be softer but im not complaining ill probably never fly in a premium class again!

Breakfast was served about one and a half to two hours before landing (Again this is the old menu so I wont say a lot about it)
I had The marbled chocolate pound cake (hmm never had cake for breakfast ??)
And of course the famous VS Bacon roll (Nice just what I needed!)

The flight was pretty uneventful from then on. We landed ahead of schedule which meant we had to wait for a gate for a little while.

Soon I had to leave my seat and disembark, I noticed that the cabin crew were blocking pax in economy and PE from leaving the aircraft until UC pax had left, nice touch lol.

Unfortunately I didnt go to revivals due to having to be home quickly.

All in all another great flight with VS!

Sorry if Ive mumbled on and sorry about my trip report being about a flight from what seems ages ago.

Cheers,
Chris
#362137 by ChuckC
12 Jul 2006, 13:11
Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to share your TR.

The security line in T-2 at LAX is abysmal and having been there to board a Northwest flight last week I can say for sure that there is no 'fast track' luggage screening. The TSA international bag check machines require that pax, once in possession of their boarding cards, manage their own luggage into long lines that are not well coordinated. Once you make it upstairs to the security screening, there is a separate line (which is not marked but which you are directed to by pre-screeners) for premium pax.

Chuck-
#362476 by Airbus340
14 Jul 2006, 03:30
Thanks chuck, the seperate line for premium pax really was a shambles! i would have rather been in the normal line as it was much quicker!

Cheers,
Chris