Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#243913 by mysteryflyer
15 Jul 2006, 00:31
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Well here we go again. 44A on VS20. In the CH at SFO now... Trip report later. Talk about real time :-)
#362626 by preiffer
15 Jul 2006, 00:38
Hi MF - while the gesture's appreciated, please don't post reports half-way through.

It's not possible to edit the ratings (the dials on the left) once you've submitted them - and these affect the rolling averages of the site.

You've given Seat, Food/Drink, Entertainment & Cabin Crew 'average' reviews, but you haven't actually experienced any of these yet...
#362968 by mysteryflyer
17 Jul 2006, 17:01
Good point. Noted.

The CH was lovely and empty. I had a Spicy Chicken and noodle dish followed by Cheese and Biscuits and several Gin and tonics. The flight was called and the CH is landside so its always a bit of a gamble but there was no queue.

Security was fast, poilte and excellent.

There was no queue at the gate so I walked right on.

my seat was OK. Slightly uncomfortable for my knees but the fact that I was sitting next to a couple of lovely young ladies made me oblivious.

As we climbed out on time I pulled my blanket over me and thats really all I remember until we were over Birmingham. Id missed all the food and we were soon down.

Unforutnately we had a remote stand at LHR and the buses were not there. It seemed to take a very long 30+ minutes to deplane.

Once at the gate I used the Iris eye scanner and jumped the queue and got my bag and was gone.

I used the express bus to High Wycomobe this time to catch up with my family for a weekend away.

Today, 2 days after flght I have almost no jet lag so eating at the airport and then sleeping the flight if you can do it is a very good thing to try to do.
#363059 by G-VBUS
17 Jul 2006, 23:07
Sounds like you had a very quick flight. I know what you mean about sitting next to lovely young ladies. Although in economy i have a fear about falling asleep for a long length of time as i'd miss my chance to walk around the cabin several times and you know when the VS seats dig into your knees you feel that DVT is just around the corner. On the same note it seems that you hardly experienced the flight at all just went to bed in San Francisco and woke up in London (a bit like those BA CW adverts).