Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#262235 by beaurive
08 Feb 2010, 12:37
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Definitely one of the worst experiences in any class that Ive had. It wasnt all Virgins fault as the closure of Gatwick that day meant a four hour delay and an empty and un-stocked aircraft being flown from Stansted to Antigua. However, Virgin made no announcements in Antigua regarding a further delay of the departure and when it finally happened boarding was a scrum with seemingly no effort made by the Virgin staff to direct it in a civilized manner. I couldnt care less that there were no duty-free items to buy but there wasnt even a toothpick on board and my request for some flight socks was either ignored or forgotten. When it came to dinner and there were no menus to be given out, the crew simply guessed at what they were serving. The jerked chicken was certainly not jerked chicken and the lemon tart wasnt a tart at all! They obviously didnt have a clue about food and the lukewarm instant coffee at breakfast was undrinkable. On top of all this the cabin supervisor told us 3 times in one announcement what a fantastic crew were on board! Blowing their trumpet in this way came across as arrogant and undignified. Had I been in the back of the plane I would have considered it a miserable flight with poor food and service but having paid a full Upper Class fare it seemed considerably worse