Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#747690 by flabound
09 Jun 2010, 07:41
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
having to return to the Uk after 3 weeks in the sun sadly it appears the worst was saved for last. Having dropped the car at hertz we made our way to the desks. Chaos was ruling as the guy checking passports seemed to have lost the plot and was just directing any grade of passenger to any desk. we were summoned before 2 UC pax and I am damn sure a family of Y were sent before us ! Yes i would have been p****d off too sir. No passport check, quick 'how many bags' -1 ,
no ' any bombs, sto aways, knives,AK47s' just ' boarding in 90 minutes.
We decided to go straight through security and thought we would take a punt using the experienced traveller lane in the middle. sailed straight through and at least avoided a wait on the main lines.
did a bit of shopping then sat at the gate until flight called. usual Orlando scrum of people thinking that 'UC and Gold only' means will all Y pax please block the gate entrance. Got pulled for secondary maily because the 2 guys were laughing at me pulling Mrs FB's PINK (yes) trolley thing. Had a good joke with them after claiming it wasnt mine and on board up to seats 80 again.
Greeted with a glass of bubbly by a very nice but slightly nervous CC. that was the end of the drinks. delayed take off due to an ill PAX being deplaned so by the time we were airborne it was gone 830. no drinks run which is pretty poor as they went straight into food service which given the time was probably understandable.
First choice -Salmon please. Run out. so the choice is chicken or er chicken. so we get chicken. water -fizzy please, run out I will go get some. Never came back but did do another run of still and coffee. never mind,-- food.
What a pile of C***. undoubtedly the worst meal i have ever been served on a plane, when we finally got her attention and asked the FA to change it for the veggie pasta, she eventually came back with '2 beefs from economy, thats all thats left on the plane '. pretty poor showing and very poor food, the beef being slightly better than the chicken but not much.oh and the strawberry cheesecake was a stodgy brownie thing.
anyway after such fine dining settled down to doze on and off , until breakfast. Always a delight . Ham and egg muffin and a yoghurt bar. well the muffin was so stodgy i gave up after one bite and decided to attack the bar. doing a good impersonation of a slab of concrete it broke into a hundred peices first bite (as i think did my teeth).
saved from certain starvation by an APPLE.
You would think that it would be possible to serve half decent food given the prices of flights but this fare was beyond description (also slightly galling that the EC stuff was marginally better)

as a whole a very disapponting flight, films were rubbish, Nova is c*** and the CC whilst very friendly just didnt seem up to the job and lacked a bit of, well, profesionalism i guess.

all in all not impressed with the VA product, we had been talking about airlines on the drive up to MCO which is 2 and a half hours from our house. some time in the not to distant future we hope to move to Fla and I will be flying back once a month on business. the decision is do I carry on using VA and MCO. Got to the dark side and fly BA out of TPA (an hour nearer) or try and work something out of RSW with a New York connection. Going to be an interesting choice.