Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#930474 by LucyLu
23 Dec 2016, 12:22
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
All good things come to an end and it was time to go home again. I did OLCI the night before and saw that the seat next to me (exit) was still empty, but the flight was really busy.

Apart from an incredibly rude woman in the queue to board (fellow passenger who didn't like it when I picked her up on pushing in the queue, ramming me out of the way with her bag in the process), everything went smoothly.

The exit seat (25K/A330) was great and the door made a great footrest, unlike the 747 A/K seats which have no legroom. Thanks to fellow v-flyers for the info on this seat!

As boarding completed and the usual struggle to accommodate the mountain of hand luggage that people seem to insist on carrying was completed I realised that there was in fact no-one sitting next to me. I could hear rude woman talking to the person next to her about moving after take off so I checked with CC as to whether anyone could sit there or would have to pay extra. Thankfully she confirmed the latter and no-one attempted it. I put the tray out and used the extra space to store m bits and pieces.

Overall a very comfortable flight, great food (a curry with mash which weirdly worked!) and we got in early to LGW, straight through immigration and then a bit of a wait for luggage. I was so thankful that it wasn't cold when I got back, I had heard the tales of -8 degrees the previous week and was worried I wouldn't be able to get into my car in the car park, but all was well and I was home by 8am including a stop for breakfast at the services on the M25.
#930477 by marshy11
23 Dec 2016, 14:02
Thanks for a great TR. There's always one who can't understand the concept of the queue. But it sounds like Karma was on board in the guise of your extra seat.

Not sure about curry and mash. I too had heard the -8degree stories from home and was glad to be enjoying the Caribbean sun those few days. How quickly we lapse back into the routine at home, the tan fades and the suntan lotion bottles are thrown away.