This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#17733 by p17blo
07 Feb 2007, 15:47
Hi,

I know there are a lot of you that travel to US and work. I have a question.

I have visited the US before for business (with my employer) and entered on a waiver form and said I was on business and went on a usual.

But I want to know, for example if I get work in the UK from the UK person who pays me for this work but I have no choice but to carry out the work in the US am I breaking any laws or do I need a certain type of visa?

Let's put this into a scenario for you. Say I agree to Video the wedding of a UK citizen who pays me in GBP. He is getting married in the US. I think I can combine a nice stay in the US for 2 weeks and go along on his wedding and Video his wedding as he has requested me to do so and paid me for.

What visa do I need, should I pay US taxes? It's all a bit complicated for me.

Paul
#159012 by Scrooge
07 Feb 2007, 15:56
I would just come in on an I-94 and deny all knowledge that it ever happened, yes there are visa's that you can get for film work.

Take a look here.

Though if it is just a one off deal and you are filming a friends wedding who is paying you to cover your costs in cash, i think you would have more of an issue with HMG then the US government.

BTW..don't ask me to help you out when the marshals throw you in the clink [:0] thats what you get for listening to my advise [:0]

Seriously though, take a look at the embassy site, it should be able to answer your question.
#159028 by Mavrick
07 Feb 2007, 16:51
Originally posted by Scrooge

BTW..don't ask me to help you out when the marshals throw you in the clink [:0] thats what you get for listening to my advise [:0]

LMAO [^] [^]
#159038 by Scrooge
07 Feb 2007, 17:49
Hey what can I say, wouldn't be the first and won't be the last LMFAO
#159149 by catsilversword
08 Feb 2007, 06:36
Don't you just love these government sites - loads of info, but tell you bascially zero [:0]
Virgin Atlantic