This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#778966 by catsilversword
19 May 2011, 05:41
Obviously, probably doesn't apply if it's a short business trip.....

For me - it's the thought of grass cutting. Going through all the post. Getting through jetlag.
#778988 by DragonLady
19 May 2011, 08:42
Bills, and these days the devestation that has been caused by DB in our absence (I can't remember having parties as a late teenager ): ). She nearly got away with it last time (save for a slightly grubby carpet that she blamed on the cat) until I found a card invite she'd sent to her "guests". Dim or what in this electronic age ??? A subsequent thorough inspection of the garden revealed the true extent of the revellery :0 (and she did confess when confronted with the evidence , cans, bottles etc that I found in the bushes) . Oh to be young again......
DL
#778990 by Jeffers555
19 May 2011, 09:12
For me, it's coming back to the apalling state of T3 at LHR. There always seems to be hoardings in place, ceilings missing and duct tape holding down worn carpet etc. Why do they insist on carpeting high traffic areas and not using marble type flooring as in other airports across the world?

Having been to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong airports in the last few years, they put Heathrow to shame.

I wonder what foreign visitors must think. Their first impressions of Britain must be pretty low. Frankly, I find it embarrassing. n(
#779015 by clarkeysntfc
19 May 2011, 12:40
The arrivals section of T3 has (in my opinion) improved considerably in recent years. When I passed through in April the corridors leading from the aircraft to the immigration hall were all very bright and clean, whilst the hall itself had a new ceiling and a fresher overall look. The baggage hall escalator areas were being re-done too.

The only part of the arrivals bit that remains to be improved is the general 'open to the public' bit, which is much too small for the numbers of people in there!
#779108 by tontybear
19 May 2011, 23:26
Jeffers555 wrote:
Having been to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong airports in the last few years, they put Heathrow to shame.

LHR T3 - opened 1961
HKG - T1 opened 1998

T3 opened when aviation was still a luxury product any changes have been tacked on as and when on a limited sized site.

HKG - brand new on a greenfield site and specially planned and built for the mass transport age.

In my book its comparing apples and pears

Yes we could have super dooper terminals (like T5) but where would we build it?
#779126 by Sunshine
20 May 2011, 05:00
I am with Dragon Lady on this one and it includes washing the kitchen floor which I always stick to as I walk in due to the parties that I am assured haven't taken place :?

Apart from the cleaning it is putting everything away and missing the warm sun. Although I am hoping to bring some back with me next week.

Sunshine 8D
#779129 by catsilversword
20 May 2011, 05:42
How could I have forgotten about the credit card bill??!! And all that finding places for stuff you've bought too....I always seem to have a few things that I can't house, they just kind of sit there for a week of so, looking at me accusingly. Then the magic of suddenly finding homes.... bizarre....
#779216 by HWVlover
20 May 2011, 14:42
Having just got home - bad bits - :( I have just cut the grass :( and dealt with two forests worth of junk mail :(

Unpacking was a piece of cake however, everything went straight into the washing machine ii)

In compensation I have had and am getting some lovely canine cuddles and have one of the girlies asleep on my lap as I type - she has her head tucked under my chin - AHHHHHHHHH ii) ii) :X

And now I've got to try and construct a TR which matches the outbound. No pressure then :0
#779228 by Hamster
20 May 2011, 17:22
The jet lag I don't like!
For some reason I find it a struggle to unpack, even though I just put it all to be washed.

I might be the only one here that looks forward to going back to work! Love seeing everyone and just generally enjoy my job :-)
#779229 by Luke085
20 May 2011, 17:30
Hamster wrote:I might be the only one here that looks forward to going back to work! Love seeing everyone and just generally enjoy my job :-)

LOL definitely on your own there! :0
Virgin Atlantic