#946147 by mallin
13 Sep 2018, 12:50
A few months ago, I was looking to book on BA using my companion voucher for next years summer holiday.

We had sorted out the length of time and where we would like to go, plenty of availability to Denver, we wanted to re visit
Yellowstone and get to the Tetons which we couldn't last time we went a few years back due to road closures.

Just went to get my cc to book and all availability went!!!

I have been checking several times a day in case some availability was put on the system, could get us out but not back in Club or First.

Could not sleep last night so went on the computer at 5 this morning and low and behold one day was available in June for the return that would match with the outbound date we wanted. You have never seen anybody trying not to make a mistake and book that availability. Managed to get us out First and back in club all seats were available to pre book nothing allocated at all.

Also on a side note, BA cancelled our Spring Vegas flight for March, they have rebooked us on the later flight and gave us the seats we had on the early one. In respect of that I had previously booked our Vegas Hotel with M life at a really good rate, so checked last week and they had a 24hour offer on at ridiculous rates. So cancelled our original added an extra night for 150 dollars less than the original. They refunded straight away and because of the exchange rate got back more of the deposit than I had paid originally.

I know you should never check back if you think you have got a good deal, but it certainly paid off for us. Things like this do not normally happen for us. Thought I would share this peace of news with you good for a change. Linda :cool:
#946148 by hiljil
13 Sep 2018, 13:29
Great news !
So pleased for you and thank you for letting us know as it is always nice to read about someone’s good luck.
:-D