#951663 by mikethe3rd
07 Aug 2019, 13:30
Decided to head to Madrid and back for the evening and was on board yesterday's BA464/5. The entire experience was superb. The crew were some of the best I've encountered from any airline - there were a lot of CSMs on board. The seat was extremely comfortable and I did love the sliding door. Unfair to compare to any of the VS products just yet, but I'll be able to do a comparison come Sept 28th. Had the pleasure of bumping into CWS from a little known forum on the return leg too.

Not a trip report per se, but some videos of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=448mQbHu1pA
#951666 by Hamster
07 Aug 2019, 16:05
Nice video!

How did the service go? Did the crew manage to get round to everyone?
#951667 by mikethe3rd
07 Aug 2019, 16:10
Hamster wrote:Nice video!

How did the service go? Did the crew manage to get round to everyone?

Yes - with ease. There was a lot of crew on board. I counted about 8 in Club.

Worth doing if anyone has some Avios to burn. I could have quite happily stayed in Madrid after getting off the plane to 33 degrees though...
#951671 by locutus
07 Aug 2019, 18:40
I'm on it next week hopefully, as well as a short overnight stay at the Madrid Airport Hilton.

Then off to YYZ in January on it. I think I will miss the z position of the CW seat though, I find that really comfortable. That and 64K and I'm happy!
#951673 by tontybear
07 Aug 2019, 19:59
There won't be 8 in club on proper flights!

Remember these are training flights so BA will have extra crew on to get them trained by September (originally first long hauls weren't going to be until October so need to get crew trained much quicker)
Virgin Atlantic