#860976 by Kraken
09 Nov 2013, 20:08
Has anyone on here done a tandem jump with Skydive Dubai? If so, was it any good?

Some slots have just become available for when we are in Dubai and I think I'm going to nab them. Even at close on £330 each, it looks like a pretty extreme thrill, with amazing views of The Palm. Videos on YouTube look pretty good too.

Hope it is OK posting this in the Theme Park section - well, it is sort of a very extreme theme park ride! (We are going to FerrariWorld over in Abu Dhabi to ride the worlds fastest rollercoaster while we are out in the UAE too).
#860978 by Leanne
09 Nov 2013, 21:23
Not done it but we did stay at the Le Royal Meridien which is almost next door - from the beach we could see the sky divers come and go in all day long. We watched them land from the fence.

I would imagine you get awesome views.

Hope you enjoy it.
#860979 by Kraken
09 Nov 2013, 22:53
Booked it.

Will report back in a week and a bit what it was like. I suspect "[expletive] awesome" is the likely short summary!
#860981 by gfonk
09 Nov 2013, 22:59
Kraken wrote:Booked it.

Will report back in a week and a bit what it was like. I suspect "[expletive] awesome" is the likely short summary!

Fair play man
It must be awesome
From what height do you jump ?
#860988 by iforres1
10 Nov 2013, 10:15
Not done it myself but have known lots of friends who have done it and all give it a big thumbs up. Its a bit windy in Dubai at the moment and they can be canceled at last moment, so fingers crossed. Yas waterworld is a hoot and the rollercoaster is well very very fast at FerrariWorld. Do not eat before you go on it :-)
#860989 by iforres1
10 Nov 2013, 10:16
Oh and whilst you are here drop me a note and we can meet up for a pint. Where are you staying?

Iain
#860994 by Kraken
10 Nov 2013, 11:20
gfonk wrote:Fair play man
It must be awesome
From what height do you jump ?

You jump from about 13,000ft with close on a minute of skydive, then about 5mins to get down on the parachute.
Virgin Atlantic