#748666 by CHill710
23 Jun 2010, 21:00
A new route being offered by Fly Be Bournemouth to Manchester once a day.
Bournemouth airport although operating from it's new terminal the building is still not finished and arrivals are in a little shed next door.
i decided to get to the airport early as online check-in was not working the night before and found that the airport was closed and so i had to wait in a small cafe in the check-in area.
once check in had opened for the mornings only flight (my flight BE664) i proceeded to check in at the desk and then cleared security in the fastest time ever (i do like tiny regional airports for their speed) and went air-side to wait some more.
this flight was a busy flight on a Bombardier DH-8 Q400 we boarded on time and were quickly in the air (being in the only plane on the ground we were straight out)
after a climb over towards Southampton with some good views of the south coast the seatbelt sign was turned off and the crew started their meal service but at £1 for a kit Kat i declined.
there was then a bumpy patch as we descended in to Manchester but on a small aircraft that is to be expected, we then landed and arrived on our stand 5 minutes late.
all in all a good flight however i still prefer BD and VS to BE