#8623 by Scrooge
27 Oct 2005, 12:06
Kinda of topic,but I have found a tech product that works so well I have to tell you about it.

It's an external hard drive enclosure from Mad Dog Multimedia.

As some of you know I recently got a new computer,using the logice that I could just plug in an old harddrive and transfer files etc I didn't bother backing anything up to DVD.

So the new computer arrives,I plug it in and play with it for a while,then decide that it's time to get my stuff of the olf HD..

So plug everything in and of course XP has the drives for the raid card and see's the 200gb drive,but when I go to open it to transfer the files it locks up..not good..after two weeks of fighting with the thing I give in,admit defeat and prepare to tell the wife that wedding and honeymoon pic's may take a little longer.

Then while scanning the Circuit City website for a new tv I run into a pic of an external enclosure[i]

So of I run yesterday to Ciruit City to grab one..of course they don't have the one from the website,but they do have one from Mad Dog.

Well installation could not of been easier,plug in the IDE and power cables,slide the drive into the case,plug in the USB2/firewire cable and power supply and turn it on...could it be this easy??? not with the way my life goes surely!

Well in fact yes it was,XP saw a mass sorage device,told me it was ready to go..so I click on my new H drive and mircle of all miricles there it is,so quickly I grab what I need and start transfering it to one of the raid arrays on super computer #3 sit back and relax..answer PM's...all told jut over 38 gigs transfered in 40 mins or so..

So for $49 at circuit city I give the Mad Dog Mega Vault a big[y]

Ooh look a SHORT url :)
#82306 by Decker
27 Oct 2005, 12:58
Will it work with laptop drives? That'd be cool
#82315 by Decker
27 Oct 2005, 14:35
nice one - thanks!