This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963881 by Sophtee
25 Apr 2024, 13:14
Hi all! I’m about to hit 2000 tier before the membership year ends and wondered if anyone can help me understand if I would be getting both 1x companion and 1x upgrade voucher or is it just the upgrade?

I’ve used the companion one over the years and always found it much more rewarding than the reward ticket (got it once from a CC before) so curious to see what others experience was?

:D
#963882 by CommanderB
25 Apr 2024, 14:13
Well, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Hitting 2000 Tier Points is a big deal. Double Gold is hard to do, so well done.

You will earn both the Companion ticket and the Upgrade Reward voucher.

Companion is awarded for renewing Gold, so as long as you've done that, you'll get that voucher on your account at the end of your membership year.

The Upgrade Reward functions exactly the same way as the credit card upgrade reward works. So at 2000 tier points (or just after) it will hit your account and you can use it to jump from Premium to Upper without paying any points, just the difference in taxes. You can also split this voucher in two and use it for two one way upgrades rather than a return (something I do regularly).