This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963899 by mvp63
30 Apr 2024, 16:06
G-VGBR was supposed to leave MCO as VS76 that Saturday evening. The flight was cancelled.
I wonder where all the passengers went?

I was looking because we are booked on VS76 next Saturday. I too noticed the touch and go on playback on FR24.
#963958 by RLF
12 May 2024, 20:33
So VS get an aircraft back from maintenance and then loose another. I see FAN is back in service after 5 months without engines, but DIA is still out of service following her wing clip at LHR

VS could do with those back…..
#963959 by Banana174
12 May 2024, 20:51
We should have been on that vs76 flight, ended up being shipped out to Atlanta the next morning with a 9.5 hr layover in the lounge. Rumour from a friend of mine being a hydraulic issue which meant landing without flaps….seems serious if she’s sat there 2 weeks!
#963986 by VS075
15 May 2024, 15:36
To add to all this (and sounding like a broken record now!), G-VRAY spent 48hrs on the ground at St Lucia Fri-Sun and VS221 is cancelled again today. Seems to me there’s next to no resilience in the fleet at the moment.
#963987 by mitchja
15 May 2024, 16:28
Indeed VS seem to be having issues with some of their fleet recently.

The B789 (G-VDIA) that clipped the BA A350 at the beginning of April on the ground at LHR T3 is still out of service (as is the BA A350). As least G-VFAN is now finally back in service after being grounded since Dec last year.

I flew on G-VTOM last month with a none-functional APU in both directions.

There’s another A350 + A339 due for delivery pretty soon which should give VS a little more wiggle room.
#963996 by Murraymint
Yesterday, 20:51
Just back from MCO into MAN on VS76 this morning on A330 Lady Love - thankfully on time.
She was looking a bit shabby though. Whilst queuing to take off there was a strange clanking noise coming from underneath, don’t know if it was brakes or undercarriage and on landing the central overhead bins in PE were screeching as if they were coming loose. I could tell that Mrs M was panicking by the nail marks on my arm !!!
#963997 by buns
Yesterday, 21:24
Mrs Buns and I flew out to MCO on May 7

At 3am, received a message from VS stating flight would be delayed by 90 minutes :-O

Whilst it provided some additional time in the Clubhouse, it was a bit niggling.

We were on G-VINE (Champagne Belle) it too was in a sorry state with liberal use of gaffer tape throughout and a number of non working IFE screens in a full PE Cabin.

Fortunately, an excellent FSM and crew did their best to make it an enjoyable flight, both for Mrs B and myself and family members travelling in PE

Buns
Virgin Atlantic