This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#211 by Nikkit
02 Feb 2004, 10:44
I am flying from Manchester to Orlando in May to get married.

I am really concerned at the moment about all these cancelled flights.

Does anyone know what happens if your flight is cancelled? Do they put your on the "next available flight" or do you go 24 hours later? There are 14 of us travelling on different flights and we need to get there within 24 hours of our original flight to enable us to get our marriage licence.

Can anyone help ease my mind?

Thanks.

Nikki
#25496 by Bazz
02 Feb 2004, 11:08
Hi Nikki, welcome aboard.

Okay, if the flight is cancelled VS will try to get you on the next available flight, that may well be the following day. If that happens they will sort out an hotel for you and normally offer some compensation, typically including a return economy ticket to anywhere VS fly for each pax.

As you are getting married (congratulations!) I would recommend that you inform VS that your flight is time critical and why, that should ensure that you are near the top of the list for the next available flight. Be assured the VS staff will do everything in their power to ensure your "special day" is not spoilt!

Bazz
Still Flying
#25499 by Nikkit
02 Feb 2004, 15:00
Hi thanks for replying.

Excuse my ignorance but who are VS?

I have booked through Travel City who know it is for my wedding but should I contact Virgin direct? If so would you recommend doing this now or wait until nearer the time in case it is cancelled.

If it is cancelled I have to contact them any ideas of the phone number or department which I should contact?

Many thanks.

Nikki
#25503 by The_Banking_Scot
02 Feb 2004, 20:06
Hi Nikkit,

VS =flight code ( and our abbreviation) for Virgin Atlantic ( also Can be known as VA)
All tickets and airport flight boards will have the lfight number prefixed as VSxxx
If you have not already prebooked seats I would give Virgin Atlantic a call and also mention your wedding

Regards

TBS

VS FC Gold
#25508 by Nikkit
02 Feb 2004, 22:59
Thanks for replying.

We have already booked our seats and I think I did mention it was for our wedding as soon as we get the tickets I will give them a call and discuss things.

Thanks again.

Nikki
Virgin Atlantic