This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#23 by firstclassscamp
20 Nov 2003, 23:13
I'm on 26 tier points....if I can squeeze 4 out before 31/12 I get to gold ff. However, if I wait till Jan -- I'll need to take another set of upper class flights to get there. Has anyone come up with innovative ways of obtaining (blagging) tier points?
#25039 by The_Banking_Scot
20 Nov 2003, 23:26
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I would probably try to squeeze in the 4 tier points before the end of the year. ( Where are you based as this will determine more appropriate adive on airline partners ie in the US -Delta or HP ( cheap First class fares) or the UK ( bmi business)
In 2002 I was a few points short of gold but after my first paid UC flight VS upgraded me to gold ( probably based on my previou years travels - i would have made gold by christmas so it was only a few months)
This year I qualifed comfortably.
Other posters may give you more advice.

Once again, welcome:)

Regards

TBS

VS FC Gold
#25040 by Pete
21 Nov 2003, 00:00
If you're only 4 points short, then a return in a discounted (but earning, ie not N) class on Virgin would get you there - and probably cheaper than a business class on a partner (BMI only gets you 1 point each way for the short runs). K class on Virgin is a PE fare that would earn you 6 points return, and if you get a fare before the Christmas rush, the fares can be pretty cheap.

Pix.
#25046 by firstclassscamp
22 Nov 2003, 17:31
thanks for the info. extremely useful. now i just have to find a good business reason to fly this month.