This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928566 by stars
11 Nov 2016, 22:21
catsilversword wrote:i was speaking, last night, to some friends (Brits who've lived in the US for years, and who have US citizenship). We were talking about VS, and collecting points etc, they were astonished to hear about changes to flying club. As someone here thought, the changes are only for those based in the U.K.......

The changes are for US members as well. My mother is in the US and is VS AU and received the same email and information about Flying Club changes as UK members.
#928783 by jfenney
14 Nov 2016, 09:11
travelmad51 wrote:I renewed my Silver membership a few weeks ago, its now saying that I need another 100 tier points to renew?

Is that right or would you call them,

Thanks,

Cath

I am sure I heard Oli saying there is a problem that some tier points and miles have been an issue and all will be resolved but I would ring if nothing changes
#928791 by MoJoJo
14 Nov 2016, 11:49
travelmad51 wrote:I renewed my Silver membership a few weeks ago, its now saying that I need another 100 tier points to renew?

Is that right or would you call them,

Thanks,

Cath

They're aware and working on it. If the correct TPs don't appear by tomorrow then call them. My 44 TPs in the old system only converted to 975 instead of 1100
#929072 by catsilversword
19 Nov 2016, 11:19
We both received an email, saying we would be getting a new membership number in the next few days - but that hasn't happened. Has this happened to anyone else? I've looked at contacting them, but the email contact form seems to wants to know your inside leg measurement before you can send it - it also wants to know which state you live in, so I suspect it doesn't originate in the UK! Anyone know of a direct email contact that can be used or will it be necessary to make a phone call to someone who can't help me?????
#929073 by MoJoJo
19 Nov 2016, 12:03
I didn't get an email with the new number either. Just logged in using the old number/email address and got the new number that way. I think I had to reset my password too
#929074 by quiver
19 Nov 2016, 13:05
E-mail never arrived for me either and managed to get locked out trying to use old number. New number was supplied by FC customer services but now that I can log on, my FC account seems to be "all over the shop". Has me down as gold in one place, red in another and claims I've only been gold for a year. Miles for recent trip not credited, and online claim link says my ticket number is invalid. Have phoned FC a number of times and, after listening to the "we're very busy now" message and being in a queue for ages, get told that things will be sorted out "later this evening".
What a mess !
#929082 by slinky09
19 Nov 2016, 14:42
catsilversword wrote:We both received an email, saying we would be getting a new membership number in the next few days - but that hasn't happened. Has this happened to anyone else? I've looked at contacting them, but the email contact form seems to wants to know your inside leg measurement before you can send it - it also wants to know which state you live in, so I suspect it doesn't originate in the UK! Anyone know of a direct email contact that can be used or will it be necessary to make a phone call to someone who can't help me?????

You're not alone, Virgin say they've emailed out new numbers to everyone, but I and many others haven't had such an email. My partner had the notification email, but I didn't even get that.
#929084 by tontybear
19 Nov 2016, 15:27
So I got THE email today with my new number in it.

Almost a week after the change over. I'm not sure if i should have got other emails but I opt out of the marketing type ones.

Absolutely shocking.

This should have been sent out LAST week at the latest so people were aware.

Actually they should have been migrating people over to using their email as the log-in over the past few months.

How much time has been wasted by the phone staff because of this I shudder to think. How many bookings have they lost?

There are plenty of abject failures with new airline IT systems (VX had their own for example) yet no one appears to have learnt any lessons from them.

Epic Fail Virgin !
#929087 by DoomWolf
19 Nov 2016, 16:04
I got the email a few days ago, but my wife still hasn't had one. I rang MBNA earlier to check my FC number on my black card no it had already been updated their end, so at least that seems to have worked fine.
#929088 by catsilversword
19 Nov 2016, 16:26
MoJoJo wrote:I didn't get an email with the new number either. Just logged in using the old number/email address and got the new number that way. I think I had to reset my password too

I managed to do that too, though not at all sure how I managed to get past the security questions, as I couldn't remember which ones I'd even chosen way back! I couldn't see a new number though, only the old one.
#929089 by Martin
19 Nov 2016, 16:31
I don't know how long it will take to integrate with partner airlines, but I just booked some flights with Virgin Australia and it refused to take my new FC number beginning in 1003.......
When I put my old 009.... number in, it was very happy :D

Virgin Australia booking.PNG
Virgin Australia booking
Virgin Australia booking.PNG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 37196 times
#929094 by vscxfan
19 Nov 2016, 17:43
DoomWolf wrote:I got the email a few days ago, but my wife still hasn't had one. I rang MBNA earlier to check my FC number on my black card no it had already been updated their end, so at least that seems to have worked fine.

The story so far....

I got my new number by logging in with the old one on 13 Nov - but still haven't had an e-mail.

My MBNA Miles from 9 Nov still haven't posted despite being sent 12 Nov (to be credited to new number)

I've been Lifetime Gold since 1994 but the new site still lists me as (1 year's) Gold expiring (becoming Red!) May 2017

Finding a UC redemption is tortuous now the month's view (with availability by cabin by day) has gone. Realistic alternative destinations (eg BOS or IAD if JFK or EWR full) with available seats on a given day would also be helpful.

Typos/mistakes from the old site have survived; eg VS has 10 Clubhouses but it only identifies 8; it still claims to fly VS metal to YVR; rules for access to SkyClubs are ambiguous; VX is shown once as earning partner, once no longer.
#929095 by narikin
19 Nov 2016, 18:09
A smart BA senior management person might see this as the perfect time to make a status match offer to AU's, and get people to switch. Huge redemption increases, fumbled reorganisation, frustrated elite flyers...
#929101 by marshy11
19 Nov 2016, 21:44
OH had his email a few days ago. Mine came today and closely behind it was another for someone else.
Virgin Atlantic