This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960093 by mikethe3rd
15 Mar 2021, 15:01
Virgin Atlantic are hosting a Zoom quiz on Mar 25th with the highest scoring participant bagging 2xUC flights to anywhere on the network before Dec 2022.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-virg ... 6095927853

Considering people cheat at pub quizzes just to win a £20 tab, I’m intrigued to see how they manage this one.
#960094 by CommanderB
15 Mar 2021, 15:09
I agree.

I am intrigued as to the level of questions they'll come up with though. Is this going to be V-Flyer nerd level, or once a year MCO traveller level....

Should be fun!
#960237 by CommanderB
25 Mar 2021, 20:47
Well, I got battered by ColOrd but did make it in to the top 20. Not bad considering I didn't know much of the history prior to the last 10 years or so.

Good event though. Theres some serious V-flying geeks out there!
#960238 by CHill710
25 Mar 2021, 20:50
I came in 10th. Just behind Col Ord
#960239 by LREDI
25 Mar 2021, 20:51
13th - I'll take that.

Well Done Col - 9th, however I would have beaten you if i didn't read some of the 'write your answer' questions wrong :D
#960240 by ColOrd
25 Mar 2021, 20:53
Well that was immensely fun, and incredibly tense! It really was all to play for!

I am proud of my 9th place, was I the highest scoring V-Flyer?

Well organised and fun!
#960246 by CHill710
25 Mar 2021, 21:17
Around 290 playing if I recall correctly
#960264 by NV43
27 Mar 2021, 15:44
Unfortunately, I had already booked an online event with the Wiltshire Museum and the timings clashed.

Whilst it would have been fun to enter the quiz with the potential to win that pair of UC tickets the lure of Dr Kate Lister* and her 90 minute talk on The Victorians and the Vibrator was too good to ignore.

Well done to the v-flyer's that entered, particularly those that got into the top ten.

I'm definitely interested in the quiz content if anyone made notes during the event.

*From the Buzzkill introduction to the event: 'Dr Kate Lister is a lecturer in the School of Arts and Communication at Leeds Trinity University. Kate primarily researches the literary history of sex work and curates the online research project, Whores of Yore, an interdisciplinary digital archive for the study of historical sexuality. Kate has also published in the medical humanities, material culture, Victorian studies and Neo-Medievalism. She regularly writes about the history of sexuality for inews, Vice, and the Wellcome Trust. Kate won the Sexual Freedom Publicist of the Year Award in 2017.'
#960265 by NV43
27 Mar 2021, 15:45
Unfortunately, I had already booked an online event with the Wiltshire Museum and the timings clashed.

Whilst it would have been fun to enter the quiz with the potential to win that pair of UC tickets the lure of Dr Kate Lister* and her 90 minute talk on The Victorians and the Vibrator was too good to ignore.

Well done to the v-flyer's that entered, particularly those that got into the top ten.

I'm definitely interested in the quiz content if anyone made notes during the event.

*From the Buzzkill introduction to the event: 'Dr Kate Lister is a lecturer in the School of Arts and Communication at Leeds Trinity University. Kate primarily researches the literary history of sex work and curates the online research project, Whores of Yore, an interdisciplinary digital archive for the study of historical sexuality. Kate has also published in the medical humanities, material culture, Victorian studies and Neo-Medievalism. She regularly writes about the history of sexuality for inews, Vice, and the Wellcome Trust. Kate won the Sexual Freedom Publicist of the Year Award in 2017.'
#960266 by EmmaPeel007
27 Mar 2021, 16:11
NV43 wrote:From the Buzzkill introduction to the event: 'Dr Kate Lister is a lecturer in the School of Arts and Communication at Leeds Trinity University. Kate primarily researches the literary history of sex work and curates the online research project, Whores of Yore, an interdisciplinary digital archive for the study of historical sexuality.

Just had to that it's one of the best Twitter accounts to follow!
Virgin Atlantic