This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960660 by mitchja
04 Jan 2023, 16:34
I’ll be honest here and say it’s been years since I last flew BA, but all thanks to LNER and their continued disruption, I had to book a last minute BA domestic LHR>MAN flight a couple of weeks ago.

I just gone to checkin in for that flight tomorrow and my my what an utter mess the BA app actually is.

There’s nothing even app specific, it just sends you to their website for everything! It even gives you those annoying app links at the top of the screen even though I started the OLCI using the app! It’s taken be about 15minutes to work out how to get my boarding pass as an Apple iOS Wallet pass :-O

With having no BAEC account or any other OW status, when I booked the other week, I refused point blank to pay for a seat in the CE cabin. 48 hrs before departure (and all thanks to the amazing Flighty app sending me a notification that the A/C had been assigned) I was able to select my 1C seat free of charge :cool:

I’ve got my AlaskaAir FF # on this BA booking (which is the basic level and nothing more)

Having checked in online with several other airline apps (VS, DL, AS, B6 etc), none were as bad or clunky as BA’s app! Even BahamasAir was easier to check-in using their app.

I’m so so glad I’ve nailed my colours in VS’s red corner for all my long-haul travel :-D

Flying B6 FLL>JFK later today then onto the VS10 this evening.