This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960946 by AlphaEcho
21 Feb 2023, 14:09
Hi,

Looking for some help please, I have a return LHR-SFO flight booked for May and since booking it I have applied for Global Entry and have been "conditionally approved". I am hoping to do my "Interview on Arrival" at SFO, but if that fails I have made an appointment at SFO on the day of my return flight to do it then.

On my Virgin bookings I have only put first and last name down (have only ever done that without a problem), since doing my Global Entry Application I have discovered that your ticket must match Exactly, the name in your passport, so including middle names.

My question is - Has anyone who has got Global Entry (and everything that comes with it) had a problem with it not being recognised and showing on their boarding pass if they haven't had their middle names on their booking?

As far as I can tell it should be relatively painless, lol, contacting Virgin and having the booking amended. The flights were booked through the Virgin website (G Rewards if it matters) and I think they will do an amendment like that for free, but I'd rather not have to spend time on the phone in the US if I don't have to, in order to get the return flight amended or is it better to do it before departure as both flights are on the same booking?

Many thanks.
#960947 by mitchja
21 Feb 2023, 14:39
There’s absolutely no issues not using your middle name on any airline booking. VS have my middle name in my Flying Club profile (which you can’t edit without speaking to them directly), however, whenever I book direct with them my middle name gets pulled through with just the first letter. With DL or AS I’ve booked and not entered my middle name at all.

I’ve never had any issues using Global Entry or TSA-Pre with any airline with or without my middle name on the booking.
#960949 by AlphaEcho
21 Feb 2023, 16:37
Thanks to you both,

I have some internal flights out of SFO the following day so hopefully if I get the Interview on Arrival when I get off the VS flight it might have filtered through and be active by then for the TSA PreCheck part of it.

One other question, would it cause problems if I added the Known Traveller number to my bookings prior to being approved or should I hold off on that until after the interview?

Many thanks.
#960950 by mitchja
21 Feb 2023, 17:06
There’s nothing stopping you adding your KTN before being fully approved but it won’t do anything and it won’t give you TSA-Pre status until your are fully approved as TSA-Pre only pulls data from the fully approved KTN database and not the conditionally approved list.
#960951 by AlphaEcho
21 Feb 2023, 19:38
Thanks James,

I didn't expect it to do anything just thought might be easier for me to add beforehand rather than getting it done later, was more worried bout it mucking something up.

Really appreciate your help.

Regards.
Virgin Atlantic