This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961719 by AlecK
07 Jun 2023, 22:49
Razorback wrote:Has anybody tried the roasted Norfolk chicken breast please? Yet to see a picture of it.

Flying from MAN in a few days, so choices are limited, can't decide between this and the "fish 'n' chips".

I tried it and it was quite good, the wife's fish and chips were better though.

Pictures here

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showpo ... stcount=53
#961729 by Claphambear
09 Jun 2023, 20:54
territt wrote:Anyone tried the sausage and mash on the pre book coming back from the US to UK?

Yes - I wasnt expecting too much to be honest but the bangers (and the three of them were like real Lincolnshire bangers) were really tasty with the mash (and peas ……….) so much so have had it twice and hopefully will again if offered on my flight form JFK.
#961735 by dad
10 Jun 2023, 22:38
I was in UC a few weeks ago and I had the Crispy Coated Chicken Breast, which was so salty (and stodgy) I couldn't eat it!

Flying again in a few days.. wondering if there might be different options or if this is the only menu for this route?

I hope VS is not going the way of LH, where the same menu in F is used for months!
#961736 by mitchja
10 Jun 2023, 23:06
The VS Upper Class menu used to change every 3 months. I think that's probably a thing of the past sadly as the last one was around for at least 6 months.
#961737 by CommanderB
11 Jun 2023, 11:37
mitchja wrote:The VS Upper Class menu used to change every 3 months. I think that's probably a thing of the past sadly as the last one was around for at least 6 months.

It is indeed on 6-month rotations now. However, given the recent bad feedback that has forced VS to review said menu, I think there's a chance it goes back to 3 months. But I am not holding my breath.
#961747 by LREDI
11 Jun 2023, 22:55
The 6 monthly piece I expect will remain given cost cuts, however I can foresee new items being added to pre-order occasionally as VS try out new items in advance of new menu launches. We've seen some of that already this year.
#962038 by dmc
23 Jul 2023, 18:11
A slight tweak to the Austin inbound menu recently (pheasant replaced with chicken, and trout replaced with arctic char):

AUS_menu.jpg
AUS_menu.jpg (474.95 KiB) Viewed 2883 times

The "spicy Worcestershire sauce" is hit and miss.. firstly it's bright orange, which is unlike any Worcestershire sauce I've ever seen - and on one occasion tasted suspiciously similar to Frank's Hot Sauce - which when served smothered all over the chicken overpowers everything!
#962048 by Kraken
25 Jul 2023, 15:46
I am unsure that Austin inbound menu has been proof-read. What is Port Salute cheese? Is it something that is exchanged between the captain of a ship & the shore as a boat sails?

Or is it another of the words / names where our friends in US spell things differently? Google seems a bit inconclusive.
#962049 by AlecK
25 Jul 2023, 18:19
Kraken wrote:I am unsure that Austin inbound menu has been proof-read. What is Port Salute cheese? Is it something that is exchanged between the captain of a ship & the shore as a boat sails?

Or is it another of the words / names where our friends in US spell things differently? Google seems a bit inconclusive.

It's a spelling mistake - should read Port Salut.
#962053 by evanspa1
28 Jul 2023, 05:46
Does anybody have the UC menus to / from India? I’m flying into BOM and returning from DEL

Thanks in advance
#962062 by mediamonkey
30 Jul 2023, 11:49
Currently flying to Tampa. I had the Waldorf Salad which was excellent, the lamb (pre ordered) which was just so-so and the chocolate dessert thing which was a very odd texture and not great.

The afternoon tea was fine.

oh also managed to get a drink served in a BA Glass. BA are head and shoulders above virgin with their dining at the moment.

Having trouble uploading images so you can see them here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35455402-post64.html
#962064 by territt
30 Jul 2023, 13:33
Had the breakfast yesterday in upper and for once it was somewhat ok. Even the strange potato things.
#962070 by mallin
31 Jul 2023, 10:18
We are flying with Virgin for the 1st time in several years the first week of October to (Vegas). When does the menu change? Must admit we have been over to the dark side for many years due to the companion voucher on BAPP card and going to lots of places Virgin do not go to direct.

As we both have/had several 100.000 of miles to use thought we would give them a try to compare, do like the new 350 with club suite though.

Have also just taken out the Virgin money card plus with their latest offer on. Linda
#962071 by mitchja
31 Jul 2023, 10:57
The current Upper Class menu cycle is 6 months (it used to be 3 months before the bean counters did their thing) so the next change will be around October, therefore, you *should* get a new menu by then.
#962072 by mallin
31 Jul 2023, 13:41
Thanks James,

As long as its not too spicy i am ok with anything.

We have had several time changes on our flight from original departing at 3.30pm to the latest 12.45 we were going to have breakfast in the lounge, but have now decided to have a good breakfast in our overnight hotel and check in about 9ish, and have a mid morning snack instead or burger if they still do them.

The times could probably change again and I will have to get used to the Virgin checking in details as I am so BA orientated.Limda
Virgin Atlantic