This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961404 by flyingfox
27 Apr 2023, 20:15
Heads up for travellers who require a proof CV19 vaccination status that the dedicated CV19 NHS APP was withdrawn today. If you need proof the web based NHS LOGIN is still available as is the email version is another option. The original NHS APP also holds the vaccination status.
Last edited by flyingfox on 27 Apr 2023, 21:07, edited 2 times in total.
#961405 by Kraken
27 Apr 2023, 20:50
I think it is just the NHS Covid-19 App that has been withdrawn today (the one that had the Track & Trace feature on it).

I have just logged onto the "normal" NHS App just fine and can view all my Covid-19 vaccination records as well as other medical records. (Took the chance to get an updated C-19 vaccination certificate into the Apple wallet while I was logged on). I am guessing that this normal NHS App just fronts the same data the web-based logon would.
#961425 by VS075
30 Apr 2023, 20:29
From memory, the NHS COVID-19 app was only really for track and tracing purposes and to detect if you've been close to anybody who's tested positive recently, whereas as Kraken says the regular NHS app holds the vaccination records, so the shutdown of that app shouldn't affect things much.